0 votes

I'm trying to get this script from the repository to work for me. I'm getting Access is Denied errors. http://www.adaxes.com/script-repository ... r-s352.htm

I configured the Custom Command like this:

The server I specified in the script has PS Remoting enabled. I can remote with powershell to the server with the credentials that I specified, which is the domain admin account.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

by (1.4k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

You need to grant permissions to Adaxes default service administrator on the computer where the folders are located. To do so:

1. Login to the computer as Adaxes default service administrator.
  2. Click Win+R and type wmimgmt.msc.
  3. Press Enter.
  4. Right-click WMI Control (Local) node and click Properties.
  5. Activate the Security tab and click Security.
  6. Click Advanced.
  7. Сlick Add.
  8. Click Select a principal.
  9. Specify the username of the default service administrator and click OK.
  10. Select Allow from the Type drop-down menu.
  11. Select This namespace and subnamespaces from the Applies to drop-down menu.
  12. Select all checkboxes in Permissions section.
  13. Click OK four times.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be my issue. I used the domain admin, and it has local admin rights to the servers, and by default that has the WMI access needed. I even tried adding the Adaxes user and and that didn't help either.

If i run a script to test WMI and PS Remoting to ensure things work outside of Adaxes, things work just fine. I tried another script: http://www.adaxes.com/script-repository ... r-s269.htm

and I get the same Access is Denied.

I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this further.

Ok, I seemed to figure it out. My Adaxes service user definitely was being DENIED. I manually added it to the local administrators group on the server, and then it started working. I thought the Adaxes was local admin, but I guess not. Also, i thought if I used my Domain Admin account to RUN AS he script this would of worked as well, but that didn't.

Hello,

Thank you for the update!

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

Hi Evryone, I am trying to set up an external portal within a new webserver on dmz, and with only access to a webservice created from selfservice. The new webservice is only ... login, only reset password. What I am mising there that its not working? Thanks,

asked Nov 26, 2021 by yagoityd (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I'm trying to create a business rule that is executed before a user is created. I used the Adaxes tutorial Run PowerShell Script after Creating a User for ... execute. Are there permissions I'm forgetting somewhere? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

asked Jun 29, 2021 by lgibbens (320 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I've modified the script here https://www.adaxes.com/script-repository/import-users-to-be-deprovisioned-s3.htm to do bulk deprovisioning of accounts via a .csv file. It ... share and folder. Why is this throwing this error? They path works in file explorer.

asked Mar 26, 2021 by johnsonua (390 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have multiple servers in our Adaxes cluster. One of the servers is throwing an error of "Access is denied." before a login page even comes ... step) +75 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +158

asked Aug 27, 2020 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I have a simple custom command supposed to get the user name which is connected to as specific computer. The command line is : $User = Get-WmiObject -Class ... works. So why I get an access denied from the Adaxes console? Thanks in advance!

asked Jul 27, 2020 by tentaal (1.1k points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,989 users