0 votes

I am trying to proxy through the AdaxesService but running as a non elevated user. I need to understand what permissions are needed to run Adaxes cmdlets with the parameter -AdaxesService?

If I run the following cmdlet as the Adaxes service admin, of course it works. Is there a predefined role that the user running the cmdlet needs to be in?

New-AdmComputer -name "ServerName" -Path "OU location" -Description "Test computer create via Adaxes proxy service" -Enabled $false -AdaxesService localhost

Thank you for any assistance.

by (50 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

When you specify the -AdaxesService parameter, Adaxes service acts as a proxy between the cmdlet and Active Directory. This means that the Security Roles that you've configured in Adaxes need to grant users sufficient permissions to perform the actions that the cmdlets perform. In your example command, you run the New-AdmComputer cmdlet to create a new computer under OU location. This means that the user running the command needs sufficient permissions to create computer objects under OU location.

Thank you for the clarification and response.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I'm trying to provide the capability for ID admin users to perform AD tasks using the web interface. I am not able to edit attributes for an existing user when ... any attribute it gives me an error "An unexpected response was received from the server".

asked Apr 8, 2021 by atnorman (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I used the script below to try and accomplish this but I get an error. I did try to leave a comment but it would not let me. I tried running ... .adaxes.com/script-repository/add-users-located-in-particular-organizational-units-to-unmanaged-accounts-s178.htm

asked Nov 14, 2022 by raul.ramirez (210 points)
0 votes
1 answer

How do I go about modifying proxy addresses with PowerShell in Adaxes? Do you have an example in the script repository?

asked Jan 20, 2021 by ComputerHabit (790 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I need to add many check-box list items to a Custom Command, I think the best way to do this is via PowerShell rather than through the UI. What's ... Softerra.Adaxes.Interop.Adsi.Parameters.IAdmParameterCheck[]]$ItemsList # Also doesn't work $command.SetInfo()

asked Jan 4 by Viajaz (210 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, In the SDK I find information on how to use Powershell to read and create scripts in custom commands and business rules, but I can not find the same for ... information like the embedded scripts for the report and custom columns? -- Morten A. Steien

asked Jul 27, 2023 by Morten A. Steien (300 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,982 users