0 votes

other than going into the aspx.resx files is there anyway to change the sign in page to show Email Address instead of Username? just worried about upgrades and not carrying over customization...

by (490 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

No, the only way to change the label text is to edit the Web interface source files. The files are not included into Web Interface backups, so you will have to perform the changes after each upgrade. To modify the text of the label:

1. Make sure that the Web Interface Customization tool is closed.

2. Open the folder with files for the Web Interface that you want to configure. By default, Adaxes Web Interfaces are installed to the following folders:
    Administrators: C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\Admin\
    Help Desk: C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\HelpDesk\
    Self-Service: C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\SelfService\

3. In subfolder called App_LocalResources, open the SignIn.aspx.resx file (SignIn.aspx.de.resx for the German version and SignIn.aspx.fr.resx for the French version).

4. Locate the XML element root\data that has the name attribute set to UsernameLabel.Text:

<root>
         <data name="UsernameLabel.Text" xml:space="preserve">
             <value>Username</value>
         </data>

5. Change the text in the value element nested within the data element:

<root>
         <data name="UsernameLabel.Text" xml:space="preserve">
             <value>Email</value>
         </data>

6. Save the file.

that is what I saw...perfect, thanks!!!!

Can the username examples be customized as well? So instead of "Example: username, username@domain, DOMAIN\username" I could actually put my domain name in? This would make it much easier for my users since they have many domains to deal with and get confused. I didn't see anything in signin.aspx.resx and have poked around in some other files but haven't found it yet. Looks like this might be the variable label: UsernameExampleLbl.

Hello,

You can use the Web Interface Customization tool to change that sample text:

1. Follow steps 1-3 from the following tutorial:
    http://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_WebInte ... ptions.htm
  2. Click Configure Username Options.
  3. Select Display custom example for the Username field in the Example Text for Username section.
  4. Enter the sample you want in the Custom example field.

Thanks, that worked great. IMO that section is a bit misleading though. I read that section as put example text in the username field. I completely missed the description within that section that clearly says "The example text is displayed below the username filed." Suggested change to this, the previous quoted line wouldn't even be needed:
------------------------------------------------
Example Text Below Username

Display custom example text below the username field
-----------------------------------------------

Just a suggestion and thanks again for the fast response Support!

Hello,

Thank you for your good words, we really appreciate it. Also, thank you for the suggestion. However, for the next version we are developing a new version of the Web Interface, and this will look a bit differently. But we'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Related questions

+2 votes
0 answers

This can be setup using the HTTP Redirect option in IIS: On the computer where Adaxes Web Interface is installed, launch Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. In the Connections ... (301). In the Actions pane on the right, click Apply. Restart IIS.

asked Oct 30, 2019 by Adaxes (550 points)
0 votes
1 answer

As you can see in the picture, we currently have three different formats as soon as we look at a user's data. Can this be adjusted so that only one format dd.mm.yyyy is displayed? Thank you very much

asked Nov 17, 2023 by DRiVSSi (280 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi Is it possible to get the Web Interface address via a script? Thanks Matt

asked Oct 13, 2023 by chappers77 (2.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We get Sharepoint Online requests for access to sites/folder/content. Is there a way to automate this task?

asked Jul 10, 2023 by dharry (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi I have create a business unit located in Business Units --Test BU's ----FTE Accounts Then I have created a Security Role called Test User Management with me as ... shown at all. I have the headline business units but nothing in there. Thanks Peter Sonander

asked Feb 7, 2023 by Sonander (40 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,989 users