0 votes

I have set up a process where approval is required for a user to add additional groups to a parent group. This process generates an email for each group that the parent group is added to, so if the parent is added to 12 groups, 12 approvals are required. Is it possible to change this so that the approval is only required once for all the groups added in a single action?

by (100 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

No, currently this can't be done because adding user to a group means modifying the group, not the user. Thus, adding a user to 12 groups means performing 12 operations on 12 different objects.

As an alternative, if the groups don't change depending on a user or if the groups can be derived for each user based on certain properties, for example, based on the user's department, you can use a script to add users to the groups. In this case, you can have only 1 Approval Request that will be generated before running the script.

For information on how to use scripts for group membership management, see the following tutorial: http://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_Automat ... cripts.htm.

To request approval for running the script, enable the Get approval for this action option when defining an action that runs the script.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I need to be alerted if the domain administrator account is used to log in any device. Is there a way to do it by recording the last logon time for example ? Thanks you

asked Jan 12 by zemitch (200 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is it possible to send an email from Adaxes when certain AD objects are modified outside of Adaxes? With Business Rules it looks pretty easy to do that inside of Adaxes ... something changes on the object and the change was not initiated by Adaxes. Thank you.

asked Jul 23, 2021 by mikek (80 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I need to create a scheduled task that disables AD accounts if inactive for 30 days and then send me an email that it has run. I've got the account disable part working but ... that was disabled but i need it to work once if it disabled any accounts or not.

asked Mar 23, 2021 by Jmbrown04 (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is there a way to send an email alert when the user license usage is at 85%, 90%, etc?

asked May 24, 2019 by loliver (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are experiencing an issue that sends 4-5 notifications out after certain business rules run. We would like to see a delay before sending the notification to allow all rules and commands to run before sending that way just one email goes out.

asked May 24, 2018 by willy-wally (3.2k points)
3,347 questions
3,048 answers
7,788 comments
545,045 users