0 votes

Good Afternoon,

Currently as far as I can tell when defining a new user we are forced to select a location for a newly created user before defining information like the username, company field, etc. Currently I am trying to automate the movement process by tying it with the users defined Company field.

i.e. User's company field is defined as "Company A" in the website so when the system created the user I can then define which OU I would like the account to move to.

Is there a way to bypass that first step? If not, is there a better way of applying this sort of functionality?

Regards
Josh

by (680 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Josh,

Actually, the way you are planning to do this is, probably, the best way. To bypass the first step, you need to specify a default container where all new users will be created before being moved to the appropriate OU. To do this:

1. On the computer where your Web Interface is installed, launch the Web Interface Customization tool.
  2. In the Interface type drop-own list, select the appropriate Web Interface type.
  3. Click Configure Home Page Actions.
  4. Double-click the Home Page Action that is used to create new users.
  5. Switch to the Target Container tab.
  6. Select the Select specific AD container or OU by default option.
  7. In the Container DN field, select the OU or container that you want to be selected by default.
  8. Enable the Always use this OU/container option.
  9. Click OK 2 times.

Thank you for the reply, got me pointed in the right direction.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Is there a way to grey out the 'Password never expires' option when a admin creates a new user in the Adaxes admin portal? I'm in a closed environment and need to make sure that accounts are not created with this option set. Thanks for any information! -Chad

asked Apr 16, 2015 by chad156 (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I am having trouble updating adaxes custom attributes when creating a new user with the powershell module, would running the New-AdmUser also ... -EmployeeID $EmployeeID -MobilePhone $MobilePhone -OtherAttributes @{adm-CustomAttributeText1 = $title }

asked May 11, 2020 by bbartlett (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I would like to setup the self-service with a list of required hardware, printers applications etc for someone to select when creating a new user. Then when the user is ... this can be done under custom forms but im not exactly sure how to do this.

asked Dec 4, 2023 by STIG (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I am scripting user creation. I have created a custom command where an end user will submit info for the user to be created from: Here is the scirpt: # Import the ... Schema. I have tried using "Employee Type" as in the screen shot above but same error.

asked Apr 6, 2023 by mightycabal (1.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is there a way to have the Create User trigger to run a command to trigger the update user flag/trigger to be hit? The goal is to have specific Create User tasks to also go through the same tasks as the Update user.

asked Mar 2, 2023 by mobosys (290 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,684 users