0 votes

Hello

I've followed this post Handling child objects which has worked to display the Bitlocker child object, what it shows though is the Password ID - is there any way to configure it to show the actual Bitlocker Recovery Password?

Thanks

by (700 points)

Hi,

We have set up the following script as a custom command, and run it against Computer Objects in Adaxes:

import-module adaxes

#Searches AD for the specified computer
$computer = get-admcomputer %cn%

#Saves computer distinguishedname for future use
$comp_dn = $computer.distinguishedname

#Fetches bitlocker ad object located below the computer object
try
{
    $recovery_info = get-admobject -filter 'Objectclass -eq "msFVE-RecoveryInformation"' -searchbase $comp_dn -properties msfve-recoverypassword
}
catch
{
    $Context.Cancel("Unable to retrieve recovery key for %cn%!")
}

#If recovery key is present, print out to web interface, if not print error message
if ($recovery_info."msFVE-RecoveryPassword")
{
    $context.LogMessage("Computer name: %cn%", "Warning")
    $context.LogMessage("Bitlocker Recovery Key: $($recovery_info."msFVE-RecoveryPassword")", "Warning")
}
elseif (!($recovery_key))
{
    $Context.Cancel("Unable to retrieve recovery key for %cn%!")
}

Output looks something like this:

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

On step 3 of the post you referred to, you can find a link to the following tutorial that describes how to customize the Web Interface to display objects of a custom type: http://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_WebInte ... omType.htm. When customizing the Web Interface to display msFVE-RecoveryInformation objects, you need to add the msFVE-RecoveryPassword property to the page for viewing the objects. This property will contain the recovery password. For information on how to add the property, see step 4 of the tutorial.

Or, as odsven suggested, you can use a Custom Command running a PowerShell script on Computer objects for this purpose.

Thanks, got it added by adding msFVE-RecoveryPassword.

I have had this set up and working for some time now but in the last few months we have discovered that it no longer displays the information any longer. I have followed the steps to re-add the recovery key info but no recovery information show up at all. any Ideas, if the script works where in the ADSI edit information is it pulling from to display.

The script doesn't work for me. I get the "Unable to retrieve recovery key for xxxxxx" after running it. I tested it separately in Powershell editor and got the same result. Can someone assist me?

Hello,

The script doesn't work for me too !
If I launch it with Powershell ISE, It works fine.
With Adaxes, msFVE-RecoveryInformation is retrieve but the attribute msFVE-RecoveryPassword not. I tried everything, { in place of ' or " but no way ... I will become crazy !
Help please ...

Thks,

Alain

Hello Alain,

Have a look at the following script from our repository: http://www.adaxes.com/script-repository ... d-s253.htm.

OK, this one works fine but I would like to understand why a script can work into a Powershell Windows and not under Adaxes ? Do you have an explanation ?

Thanks a lot

Hello Alain,

Are you sure that you tested the script cited above, not some sort of other script you found in the Internet? The above script uses the $Context.LogMessage and $Context.Cancel methods which are available only in scripts run within Adaxes. Calling them in the PowerShell Console / IDE would cause an error.

In general, there can be scripts that run fine in PowerShell IDE, but fail when run in Adaxes. For example, the scripts can show some user interface or ask for confirmation. Since you cannot show user interface from scripts run within Adaxes at the moment, an attempt to use any cmdlets / functions / methods that show user interface will result in an error.

All my best wishes for this new year.

Yes, of course, I modified the script, I removed the Context lines. It doesn't matter, it works with the other script.

Thks a lot.

Alain

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi, Is there a way to change the security questions for the self-service password recovery? We need them in german and I just can't find a way to change them... On a side ... for a while now and always found a way to adjust it to our needs :D Regards, Yannik

asked Oct 15, 2018 by Yannik (100 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, In previous versions I used the instructions in this post Handling child objects to view Bitlocker Recovery Key's for computers. After upgrading to 2013.2 these instructions no longer ... way to view it. Help... this is a critical issue for us. Thanks.

asked Oct 30, 2013 by DFassett (710 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is there a recommended or documented method for backup/recovery of the ADAXES system? Having upgraded at least once, i know that there are two backup utilities, one ... .htm#upgrade) as they are command-line scriptable but would like some confirmation. Thanks!

asked Oct 3, 2012 by VTPatsFan (610 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have two on-prem domains; Domain A and Domain B. Domain A is our primary domain and syncs with Azure AD. Domain B contains accounts created for external ... user attempts to authenticate, they are only authenticating against the Domain B on-prem domain?

asked 6 days ago by awooten (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I'm using the reset user password but having issues when sending that generated password via email - Username info is attached correctly in the email but the password info is blank. Can you please advise. Thanks, Darren

asked Apr 3 by DarrenFisk (20 points)
3,342 questions
3,043 answers
7,766 comments
544,933 users