0 votes

We have many reports that we currently run as large powershell scripts. These reports are compiled as CSV and sent off in emails or HTML tables inside of emails.

We ultimately do lots of user counting:
# of disabled users in domain
# of users with a mailbox
# of users with a certain text string in the description field
# of users in a certain security group

We were hoping Adaxes would let us integrate these reports into the Web Interface?

If that is not possible, is there a way to use the built in Adaxes queries to create "reports" via email?

For example, can I get a user count of all users in a specific group and send that via email?

Ideally, this would be a scheduled task.

PS: I should mention that we are looking at trying to get away from powershell and use built in Adaxes queries whenever possible. This cuts out a lot of time.

Thank you.

by (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Update 2018

Starting with Adaxes 2018.1, it is possible to have custom reports in Adaxes. For details on creating reports, have a look at the following tutorial: https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_ActiveDirectoryManagement_CreateReport.htm.

Original

Hello,

In the next version, we are going to greatly improve our Reports feature. In particular, it will be possible to build custom reports using the GUI, schedule reports and send reports by e-mail. All the reports that you mentioned will be possible.

For now, all of this is also possible, but you'll need to use PowerShell scripts. For an sample of a PowerShell script that builds a report and sends it to a certain recipient, see Example 4 under Script Examples. To Schedule such a script, you can use a Scheduled Task that executes the Run a program or PowerShell script action.

In the next version, we are going to greatly improve our Reports feature. In particular, it will be possible to build custom reports using the GUI, schedule reports and send reports by e-mail

Did this ever happen or has it been pushed back into a later release?

Hello,

The feature is currently in progress. It will be available in the nearest major version.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi there, I am trying creating a report in Adaxes a set of users and looking to add a few group names as column with value 'Yes' or 'No' based on if user is member of ... Value = "Yes" } else{ $Context.Value = "No" } Would appreciate any help in this aspect.

asked May 6, 2022 by Vish539 (310 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I'd like to know how many versions of Adaxes are there with the patches/updates of every version and how often do they receive the updates. In addition of how often the major upgrades occur?

asked Jan 16 by farid.r (20 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hell I am following the steps from here: http://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_ActiveD ... SVFile.htm. But when I try to login to any of the users I have created AD says the ... csv file settings. Any ideas on why am unable to login to any of the accounts? Thanks

asked Jun 21, 2016 by 7efd721c8b (420 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Version: 3.3.8906.0 Release Date: December 06, 2012 You need to perform additional steps to preserve Approval Requests after upgrading to this version! For ... Fixed automatic value generation based on Property Pattern templates in Internet Explorer 9.

asked Dec 13, 2012 by Eugene Pavlov (18.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi team, report/dashboard creation is currently only possible in Admin Console, no? Can I restrict access to console to only report section? Can I install the console on ... machine or does he needs access to Adaxes server, where the console is installed?

asked Jan 30 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,772 comments
544,970 users