0 votes

I would like to add a prefix to all user sAMAccountName

For example, if the user's logon name is jsmith and their current sAMAccountName is jsmith, I want to change the sAMAccountName to abc_jsmith.

How can I do this for all users in bulk?

Thanks.

by (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

Take a look at the following tutorial that shows how to modify Remote Desktop Services settings in bulk: http://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_ActiveD ... InBulk.htm. You can use it as a guide. To accomplish your task:

• On the 2nd step of the tutorial, select the User Logon Name (pre-Windows 2000) property.
  • On the 3rd step, specify the following template: abc_%sAMAccountName%.

If you want to modify multiple objects in the Web interface, you'll need to create Custom Commands for this purpose. You can create Custom Commands that modify certain properties of an AD object according to a certain template, and then execute the Custom Command in the Web interface on multiple users. For more information, see Create a Custom Command.

Awesome!
Thanks.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Ver 2014.1 I'm working with a large amount of users and would like to change these properties in bulk: "User must change password at next login" "Password never expires" I cannot find a way to do this in the web console. Is this possible?

asked Sep 22, 2014 by jstinson83 (130 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I want to modify multiple user account descriptions. I can't seem to do this by default. I've read in the FAQ that I can right click objects and select properties, but ... etc..." but nothing that lets me modify account properties. What am I missing? Thanks.

asked Jul 3, 2014 by jstinson83 (130 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I'm working on a custom command to set account expiration - like this No matter what time is selected by user - it set's to 23:59. But in the approval email - ... the one, which was selected by user. Can it be modified before sending for approval? Thanks!

asked Jul 25, 2019 by Dmytro.Rudyi (920 points)
0 votes
1 answer

This script description says it can find the manager via FullName Distinguished name or Display name. Wondering if we can change it to use employeeID or SamAccountName.

asked Oct 24, 2022 by mightycabal (1.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, With your tool, is there a way to Bulk modify Users by adding the SAMAccountName to the CN/Displayname i.E %LastName%, %FirstName%, %(SAMAccountName)% In ... (Fred Stokes), for both CN and DisplayName Stokes, Fred (SAMAccountName) Regards, Enrico

asked Nov 20, 2018 by EnricoM (50 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users