0 votes

I have a business rule that fires when a new member or members get added to a specific group. Based on that, I'm trying to take those user objects just added, and perform specific steps on them. However, I can't figure out how to retrieve the user object DN or DN's of the users just added to perform those additional steps.

I seem to be fighting the limitation of business rule (group) to custom command (group). I need a rule to fire on a specific group membership addition, and then perform steps on those users.

I have tried doing this business rule on user objects, but I can't seem to get the rule to fire when I do it.

by (470 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (470 points)

It took a lot of digging, but I found the way to do this.

The business rule is on the group, and the variable of interest is %member%.

From there, I have to execute a custom powershell command to execute the custom command that makes changes to the user object(s).

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi team, I have a follow up to this question https://www.adaxes.com/questions/14234/business-after-adding-members-powershell-script-executed Let me explain my setup A rule- ... area% failed due to the following exception: $($_.Exception.Message)", "Error") }

asked Feb 13 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi team, I need to update users extensionAttribute6 after adding or removing them from a specific group. This is my setup: Group is updated based on rule set within Adaxes ... would like to update users after they were added or removed from this group. Thanks!

asked Sep 25, 2023 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I am attempting to configure a business rule that adjusts an adaxes custom property of a user, upon that user being added/removed from a group. I cannot seem to ... (like username, office, description, email, etc.) but not so much on custom attributes.

asked Jul 14, 2023 by NKB#2772 (70 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I need a way of triggering a business rule based on the user (and not the group) being added or removed from a group. The reason I would like this triggered on the user is so ... prefer not to do that. I am checking to see if there is another way to do this.

asked May 16, 2023 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have a business rule that will update an AD attribute when a new member is added to a group. This business rule works when we use powershell commands or the admin console ... set to trigger "After adding a member to a group". Thank you for your support!

asked Mar 29, 2023 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,772 comments
544,973 users