0 votes

I have a set of groups:

-General
--Specific 1
--Specific 2
--etc

Since the specific groups are members of the general group, I am trying to remove direct membership from the general group whenever someone is added to one of the specific groups.

I've tried rules based on after user modified with conditions of direct membership, but the rule is never triggered.

Has anyone done this before?

by (1.2k points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I am trying to create a business rule to send an email to the manager of the group when a member is added or removed from a rule-based group. I have created the business rule and it works for other groups but not for a rule-based group. Can this be done?

asked Jul 19, 2021 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have two groups I'm trying to manage, Allow Internet Access and Deny Internet Access. I am trying to set up a group so that if one of our admins adds a user to the ... / removing groups not count as updating a user? And if so, what should I use? Thanks.

asked Jul 30, 2014 by DFassett (710 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, How to set up Business Rule to automatically mail-enable new groups?

asked Sep 16, 2011 by bambor (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I'd like to allow users to remove themselves from groups that they are already members of. Currently I have a business rule in place thats only allowing the OU Owners ... user is a member of the adm-groupname' then allow then to remove themselves.

asked Apr 30, 2020 by sirslimjim (480 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I created a group Business Rule that triggers "After adding or removing a member from a group". On its Activity Scope I added a test group, and set it for "The group ... does not trigger. What should I do to make the BR detect this (admittedly rare) case?

asked Mar 16, 2023 by alex.vanderwoude (60 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,984 users