0 votes

We need to change the service account user, how we can do this?

by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Viktor,

If you mean the account of Adaxes default service administrator that you specified during Adaxes installation, it cannot be simply changed. To change the account, you'll need to uninstall Adaxes, and then install it again using the credentials of the new Adaxes default service administrator.

To preserve your settings during re-installation, you can follow the procedure that is recommended for upgrading Adaxes. For details of the procedure, see section Upgrade to New Version in our Installation Notes: http://www.adaxes.com/resources/InstNotes.htm#upgrade.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I've taking over this installation from another admin which of course didn't write down the config for the service account used by Adaxes. Is there any way to change ... the password in AD and just change the service logon password and restart the service?

asked Dec 9, 2014 by niclas.eriksson (260 points)
0 votes
0 answers

We are in hybrid mode with 365. All the accounts we create have to made with a .com instead of .local. How can I make that change in adaxes? Or is this some default I need to change in AD instead?

asked Apr 11, 2022 by LEGIT1 (150 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Before Deactivation of an Account on the Webinterface our Help Desk need to change the AD User Description manually. Is it possible to force a manual change before deactivation ?

asked Feb 7, 2020 by lv01 (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Would like to know if we can remove the forget password link on Self-service login page or remove the ability for users to reset their password. We only want users to ... be able to change their password but not reset their password if they have forgotten it.

asked Mar 29, 2023 by Vish539 (310 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have implentend Adaxes in our infrastructure and users who use forget their password link via Adaxes self service portal by going thorugh the registered Q&A are being prompted to ... by a specific business rule, I am unable to check this via the log

asked Mar 14, 2023 by Vish539 (310 points)
3,343 questions
3,044 answers
7,766 comments
544,953 users