0 votes

Hi,

First of all, what a great product! However, I do have some questions, I tried searching for the answers but I couldn't find any relevant information.

How do I change the maximum failed login attempts allowed from the web (we've already set the brute force options)? At the moment it's set to 100, and I'd like to set it to something lower. And is there an option to change the error message on the login-page?

Best regards,
Tommi

by (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

How do I change the maximum failed login attempts allowed from the web (we've already set the brute force options)?

For this purpose, you need to configure password policies used in your AD domain(s). If you use Fine-grained Password Policies, see the following help article for information on how to edit Password Policies: http://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Mana ... olicy.html.

If you don't use Fine-grained Password Policies, you need to set up the Default Domain Password Policy that is applied to the whole domain. For information on how to edit it, see the above help article. On step 4 of the article, select the Default Domain Password Policy and click Edit.

And is there an option to change the error message on the login-page?

No, it is generated "on the fly".

Thank you, it worked! Are you guys planning on removing the numbers of attempts from the error message? I don't like exposing this information to the user unless absolutely necessary.

Hello,

Can you explain why it is so important for you? We don't quite get the purpose of doing so :)

Hello,

Starting from Adaxes 2014.1 released yesterday, you can configure Adaxes not to show the reason of a login failure and the number of login attempts left when a login error occurs. You can download the latest build here.

Upgrade Instructions.

For a complete list of new features and improvements, see What's New.

To configure Adaxes not to show the number of login attempts left:

1. On the computer, where the Web Interface is installed, start the Web Interface Customization tool.
  2. In the Interface type drop-down list, select the Web Interface you want to configure.
  3. Activate the Sign In tab.
  4. Click the Configure Protection Options button.
  5. Check the When a login error occurs, do not show the reason and the number of login attempts left option.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

User received email from Lumifi and wanted to verify if legit or if this is not from Adaxes?

asked Nov 30, 2022 by Jeff.Briand (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, The report named Inactive users allowed to log in shows the Active Directory sign-in (Last-Logon-Timestamp) and Azure AD sign-in (Last Logon) but only for Active Directory ... updated by an Azure logic App. But we'd love to have this natively in Adaxes.

asked Dec 13, 2022 by Gavin.Raymen (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We get the following error when attempting to edit a room or equipment mailbox in the web interface. We can edit them using the admin console. I am a full Adaxes Admin so I don't think permissions. I also don't see an error in the logs.

asked Dec 9, 2020 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is it possible to send more than 160 characters in a SMS? If I try sending a SMS with more than 160 characters, I get this error message: “The message was truncated to 160 characters” We are using Email to SMS.

asked Aug 10, 2016 by hakon (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi Forum, Today :) i have 2 questions: 1. is it possible to disable the "Show indirect membership" option in the member of Section of the Webinterface? 2. We regularly ... it better to put this into a different database? Thanks a lot for your help. Cheers

asked May 21, 2015 by esoAdxAdmin (650 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,682 users