0 votes

Are there any plans to add the ability to select columns to sort results? i.e. when I look in my "Users" OU it would be really handy to be able to sort by job title or department or any other AD attribute.

Running 2013.2.

by (240 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Actually, you already can do this in the Web Interface. Just click the name of the property at the top of the column to sort by the property:

The properties that you cannot sort by:

• Calculated properties (for example, Parent),
  • DN syntax properties (for example, Assistant, Manager or Managed By).
  • Adaxes virtual properties (for example, CustomAttributeText1, CustomAttributeInt1).

Funny thing is I've hardly used the web interface but that's useful to know thanks :)

Are there any plans to add similar functionality to the admin console?

Yes, it will be available in Adaxes 2014.1 to be released by the end of February.

That's good news - thanks for letting us know.

Hello,

Starting from Adaxes 2014.1 released yesterday, you can sort and group objects in the Administration Console by any property.

You can find the latest build here.

Upgrade Instructions.

For a complete list of new features and improvements, see What's New.

The properties that you cannot sort by:

• Calculated properties (for example, Parent)

It would be very usefull if the the "Parent" property could be sorted, if lots of objects is listed.
It will help the User-manager/End-user to categorize the list of security groups, users, etc. for easy selection.
Especially because Adaxes does not provide (i think) any other option to categorize objects, when adding users to groups or groups to users.

• Regards

Hello,

In the next version of the Web Interface it'll be possible to sort and group by any column, including Parent.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We have some accounts that we would like to prevent from changing their password on login when it is expired. This is because we have saml setup on individual interface pages ... of a loophole for us as we require dual factor and use saml to accomplish this.

asked Oct 26, 2021 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have a customized the help desk security role to allow only resetting passwords and unlocking accounts. We don't want them to be able to enable accounts that are disabled ... writing to certain "account options"? It seems that its an all or nothing setting.

asked Nov 14, 2019 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Using this built in function: There is no option to change the domain on the user account, however this is not the domain we use for UPN. However after creating a user, you can change it but trying to avoid going back into the object.

asked Apr 14, 2023 by mightycabal (1.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are trying to extend our Adaxes management to O365 / Azure only user objects. Currently we use employee type to add traditional active directory accounts to business units and ... so, can this be used to create dynamic mail enabled security groups in O365?

asked May 3, 2022 by adaxes_user2 (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have added a business unit to the contents section of the homepage, but only the usernames are displayed. How can I show more columns?

asked Jul 21, 2022 by DA-symplr (80 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,684 users