0 votes

hi -

may be trivial, but I'm not sure why when we browse and select OU for the computers, the option disable/enable is only applicable to user accounts. we get the message "none of the selected object is a user object". Is this by design that it doesn't differentiate between computer and user account?

Once we click the computer itself, the options functions as expected.

At times the helpdesk does things in bulk, so if they wanted to select a few computers and disable, they aren't able to do so.
Or perhaps it can be configured on the main action pane window?

Thanks

by (1.7k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

We confirm this as our bug. It will be fixed in one of the nearest releases. Thank you for the bugreport!

To work around the issue until a fix is available, you can

• Create home page actions for enabling or disabling computer and user accounts that will be available right on Adaxes home page.

For information on how to create such actions, see section Enable/Disable/Unlock Account in the following Configure Home Page Actions Tutorial. On Step 3 of the section, you need to enable the Allow multiple selection option to allow selecting multiple accounts.

• Create a Custom Command that enables/disables user accounts.

Alternatively, you can create a Custom Commands that enables or disable user accounts. For information on how to create Custom Commands, see the following tutorial: http://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_ActiveD ... ommand.htm. To enable or disable computers, you need to use the Enable/disable the Computer account action.

In the Web interface, you can execute a Custom Command on multiple AD objects, the same as you perform any other operations in bulk.

Thanks!

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I'm trying to create a business rule that will update a user account expiry date when that user logs in for the first time. I'm new to Adaxes, so I don't have a ... updated by a user's action, such as "Last Logon". Is it possible to make this work?

asked Mar 6 by sjjb2024 (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have a specific computer property pattern for three different types of computers, which live in three different OUs and are in three different business units. I will have ... How do I enforce a property pattern for a specific business unit at creation time?

asked Jul 17, 2023 by bennett.blodinger (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I'd like to install the admin console on my Windows 10 22H2 Azure Joined computer. Product Version = 3.16.21515.0 2023.2 I get the following error when I run ... install Softerra Adaxes 2023.2, this computer must be a member of an Active Direcoty Domain. I

asked Jul 13, 2023 by KevC (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

the user account is a generic account users login but after some minutes the account will lock as if they have entered an incorrect password three times we have to unclock it all the time

asked May 4, 2023 by abubakarrk.sesay (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Good morning, I need to get the serial number of PC and update the description with the value result. I tried with %serialNumber% but the is empty. Can u help me? thanks, Simone

asked Nov 17, 2021 by Simone.Vailati (430 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,982 users