0 votes

We have a potential use-case to connect our existing Adaxes install to a secondary AD domain (over a "VPN" with no IP broadcast availability).

I know managing multiple AD's is supported, but am not sure if\how we can manaually identify the remote DC's to use if we cannot perform a network broadcast etc to find them?

Ultimately we need to be able to connect to a remote domain by selecting the domain and defining a set DC to connect to intially and for all future actions.

Rgds

by (1.6k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Adaxes connects to AD via the LDAP protocol. When locating a suitable domain controller for a domain that can be accessed via the LDAP protocol, Adaxes needs to access Service (SRV) DNS Records for the specified domain. If the SRV records are available through your VPN, there should be no issues registering the domain. For details about SRV records, check the following article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... 61719.aspx.

Also, for information on the ports that should be open, check the following FAQ article: What ports does Adaxes use?.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Given Scenario: Adaxes domain user is remote with his laptop and has adaxes self service client installed on Windows and is enrolled for self service via Adaxes. We ... get updated when a user initiates password reset/change password from the lock screen ?

asked Nov 2, 2020 by rsaran (70 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hi Forum, I wan't to connect to the Adaxes Service from outside the Domain. So i try to connect this way: # Connect to the Adaxes service $admNS = New-Object "Softerra ... can i connect to the Adaxes Service from a host outside the domain? Thanks for your help

asked Nov 6, 2015 by esoAdxAdmin (650 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hello We added a second domain to our Adaxes environment and we saw a huge drop in performance in the web interface. We are looking at this Web Interface Slow Performance link for now and wanted to see if there were any other suggestions.

asked Feb 21, 2017 by willy-wally (3.2k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi! We have a one way trust setup to our external servicedesk, they have accounts in their own domain that we trust through a one way trust. How can we let their accounts use ... to edit stuff in their domain and not our own domain. What have I missed? /Kaj

asked Dec 18, 2017 by KajLehtinen (650 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Trying to figure out how I would need to do this: We have a local domain, and a second domain that is on the other side of an unreliable wan link (very rural location). ... I do this? Or do I need to buy 2 sets of 100 licenses? Thanks very much, Jason

asked May 9, 2017 by Jasonmh (540 points)
3,343 questions
3,044 answers
7,766 comments
544,953 users