0 votes

Is it possible to change the "StartsWith" search on Quick Search to a "Contains"?

I know this is possible on the Search tab, but just wondering if it can be setup for the Quick Search too

by (730 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

Currently, this can't be done, but for the next version we will completely rework the look and feel of Adaxes Web Interface. Among the other changes that we are planning, we are going to rework searching in the Web interface. We'll take your request into account.

The ability to use wildcards (*) for search in the web interface would be a nice addition as well. It works really well with the fat client

Hello,

It is a popular request among our customers. We'll think on how to implement it in the reworked Web Interface that we are preparing for the next version.

Hi,

Can you elaborate on why you changed the normal search function to default use contains, while it remained 'starts with' on the quick search box?

If the quick search box uses contains, you will also get the same results as you would while searching with starts with, only with more possibilities. :(

Hello,

We simply missed that when we changed the default search option for Simple Search. Starting from Update 1 to Adaxes 2014.1 released yesterday, using Quick Search, it is possible to find not only objects whose names start with the entered text, but also objects that contain the entered text in any part of the name. You can download it here.

Upgrade Instructions.

For a complete list of new features and improvements, see What's New.

Hello again,

Is there a way to revert to the "start with"? Our helpdesk team complains about response time since the update.

We have a lot of objects and it can take up to 15 seconds to do a quick search currently.

Thank you in advance

Hello Pierre,

Such an issue with Quick Search has already been reported to us. We've decided to change the behavior of the Quick Search function as follows:

1. If the text entered in the Quick Search field starts with the asterisk character (*), the search is performed using the contains option.
  2. If the text starts with any other character, the search is performed using the starts with option.

You can download a new build of Adaxes, in which the behavior of the Quick Search function is changed, here.

Upgrade Instructions

Dear support,

This is a great news, very proactive.

We are currently running 3.7.10821.0 (which seems to be the latest version) but we are still experiencing the slow quick search. It really feels like it is still does contains instead of start with.

Regards,

Pierre

Hello Pierre,

The latest build is 3.7.10905.0.

Ho, this build was not advertised as an available update within the client.

We did download & install the trial and we now have 3.7.10905.0 running.

It completely solved the issue, thanks a lot!

Hello Pierre,

The thing is that it is an unofficial release that we've made available to quickly fix the issue. We are planning one more minor update to Adaxes 2014 that will be released officially and that will include the fix among other improvements.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, is it possible to have in web interface, the number of objects found when launching a search thx.

asked Jan 11, 2013 by mmichard (360 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I've read this article; https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_WebInterfaceCustomization_CustomizeHelpAndSupportLinks.htm?appView=1 However, it doesn't tell me how to add or remove columns from ... by the Quick Search. I'd like to add EmployeeId. thanks, Nate

asked Apr 10, 2022 by nate2 (90 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Is it possible to configure different avatars/icons for AD objects in quick search result list? It wouldn't be an issue if I could right click on a result and ... Like in here, it is impossible to distinguish between Mail Contact and User object...

asked Mar 27, 2019 by DLe (760 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hi, I've got very slow perf on web AdaxesADmin interface. I've done search in this forum, ad firewall rule to open 389,636,3268,88,135,49152-65535 ports on my ... .Stop() give me : 'serveur RPC pas disponible. HRESULT 0x8007068A' Resolving AdsPAth: 5596 ms

asked Nov 8, 2018 by Nicolas.lussier (190 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I added a chart based on report "soon-to-expire passwords" to the homepage. In Adaxes console, it will show a chart with time/date of when the password will expire. In the ... the report in web interface, it will show data but the chart will still be blank.

asked Mar 20 by tromanko (150 points)
3,326 questions
3,025 answers
7,723 comments
544,673 users