0 votes

Is there a way to combine the two functions for Unlock, and Password Reset? Most of the time, users lock themselves out because they don't remember the password, so the HelpDesk first Unlocks the account, then they have to do the Reset Password feature.

My thought is that the Unlock screen should end up landing on the Reset Password screen after unlocking the user. That way it saves the HelpDesk from having to click Password Reset, then searching for the user, then changing the password.

Is there any other way to do this?

by (1.4k points)

To follow up on this, and it's a possible workaround on this for me. If you use the Search and Search for a user, I can have both Unlock and Password Reset on the menu. And when you do a Unlock from here, it brings you back to the same screen{Search Results) you were on. Now I can do a password reset for that user without extra clicks. This is faster than using the Unlock, and Password Reset actions from the Home page.

The only question left is, Is there a column I can expose to show if the Account is locked out?

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello! We are using the current version of Adaxes and are in the process of making the password self-service available to our users. We have installed the self-service client ... are doing wrong? Thanks Erik [EDIT]: Corrected image links. Sorry about that...

asked Jun 6, 2014 by eventit (160 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Due to company requirements, I need to customize the Reset Password screen presented in the Self Service and Help Desk sites, but I haven't found how to do the specific changes I ... Web Customization or do I have to go into the actual text files to do this?

asked Jan 29, 2013 by danftasc (440 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are looking to combine the password unlock/reset options to one screen and would like all information dispalyed only. ie. lastpassword set time, if account expires and so on. Thanks in advance for the help

asked Nov 9, 2016 by willy-wally (3.2k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have configured Self Service so users can reset or change their passwords. But we disallow access to the account unlock feature through the Password Self-Service Policy ... page to eleminate the words "or unlock a locked out user account" ?

asked Oct 27, 2014 by theckel (520 points)
0 votes
1 answer

When allowing Account Unlocking from the Self Password Reset service, is there a way to limit the amount of times that someone can unlock their account before they are ... would be greyed out, or removed altogether). Is something like this possible? Thanks!

asked Jun 18, 2014 by PunkinDonuts (360 points)
3,326 questions
3,025 answers
7,724 comments
544,675 users