0 votes

Apologies if this is posted somewhere, I can't seem to find it. Is there a limit to the number of values that can be assigned to a CustomAttributeTextMultiValue? We're looking to remove disabled users from their Exchange distribution lists, but would like to keep a record of which groups they were in. Some people can be members of many, so I'd like to make sure we're not going to hit a limit.

Or, am I out in left field entirely? Maybe there's a better way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

by (350 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Adaxes custom attributes are stored on Adaxes backend, which is ADAM or AD LDS, and thus any limitations to such attributes are also imposed by ADAM/AD LDS. There is no hard limit as to how many values you can store in a multi-valued attribute, because the limit is applied not to the number of values, but rather to the size of the attribute (in byte). The practical limit is around 1200-1300 values.

As an alternative to storing the groups in a custom attribute, you can use a muti-valued DN syntax attribute in your Active Directory, for example, See Also. If you store DNs of the groups a user was a member of in a DN syntax attribute, you'll be able to click on a group to view it's properties. For example, in the Web Interface, groups stored in See Also will be displayed like this:

This may be a better solution. Thanks!

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I have multiple security groups that are linked to business units for application access (for this example lets say adobe and docusign). If a user has access to ... CustomAttributeTextMultiValue, does it only read the last entry, or multiple lines? thanks.

asked Aug 9, 2023 by thatcher (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I had a script that would copy the values from adm-CustomAttributeTextMultiValue1 and save them into extensionAttribute15 as a comma seperated list. The script somehow got deleted and I can't seem to find the tutorial I used to create it before.

asked Jul 1, 2022 by jordan (110 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, i have an powerhell variable that contains a hashtable. Is there a way to add the content of this hashtable to an adm- ... @{"adm-CustomAttributeTextMultiValue1"=$hashtable} -AdaxesService localhost Thanks for your assistance!

asked Mar 17, 2021 by roppiffm (130 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Dear Can I use more than ten adm-CustomAttributeTextMultiValue in Adaxes? Sincerly

asked Jun 29, 2020 by hilmiemrebayat (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

HI, is it possible to compare a actual Value and the Value after modify from a CustomAttributeTextMultiValue and send the difference via mail? Thx,

asked Nov 18, 2014 by Napoleon (700 points)
3,348 questions
3,049 answers
7,791 comments
545,048 users