0 votes

I have similar question to the post, Self Password Reset without Unlock.

I would like to be able to change the error message that appears if SMS/email verification is turned on but their is no email or mobile number available. The current error message when there is no email address reads

'There are no email addresses where the verification code can be sent to.'

which I would like to change; I can't find this string the in PasswordSelfServiceStrings.resx file, can you direct me to where I can find it?

by (370 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Update 2018

Starting with version 2018.1 UI texts can be updated in the Web interface configurator. For details, have a look at the following help article: https://www.adaxes.com/help/ChangeUITexts.

Original

Hello Sam,

Currently, you cannot edit the message. It is returned by Adaxes service, not the Web interface, and compiled directly into a binary executable.

Ok, thanks. It would be very useful to be able to change this as the error message isn't particularly useful for the user.

Is there a way to create a business rule to force the user to enter a phone number as they enroll for password self service?

Hello Sam,

Could you explain in more detail how are you going to use the phone number? Is it going to be used to send an SMS verification code?

Yes the phone number will be used for sms verification code, however not all our users have phone numbers in AD. Therefore I want to make the user enter a number if they want the capability to do password self reset

Hello,

That's possible. Users will not be able to enroll for Password Self-Service Policy without specifying a mobile number provided that:

• SMS Verification is enabled in your Password Self-Service Policy settings,

• The Bypass if mobile number is missing option is not enabled.

• Users have sufficient permissions to specify a mobile number for themselves.

By default, mobile numbers are specified in the Mobile Number property, and the permission to edit that property is granted by the User Self-Service Security Role. If you are using a property that is not included in the User Self-Service role, you need to grant the permissions for that property explicitly. For details, see the Allow Users to Modify Specific Properties of Their Accounts Tutorial.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Our adaxes service account is able to create the mailbox when running our create user business rule, but cannot change any settings like disable OWA. What level of security will it need?

asked Apr 6, 2021 by bstone (50 points)
+1 vote
1 answer

After installing our second Adaxes service and joining it to the configuration via shared configuration like the install guide said (https://www.adaxes.com/resources/InstNotes. ... ?" I am an administrator and login just fine to our first node.

asked Dec 10, 2019 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
0 answers

By default, in hybrid environments, when an on-premises AD object is created in Adaxes within the scope of a Microsoft 365 tenant, Adaxes will create the corresponding ... the Display the temporary password in the Execution Log checkbox. Click OK twice.

asked Nov 16, 2022 by Adaxes (550 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have two on-prem domains; Domain A and Domain B. Domain A is our primary domain and syncs with Azure AD. Domain B contains accounts created for external ... user attempts to authenticate, they are only authenticating against the Domain B on-prem domain?

asked Apr 10 by awooten (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I'm using the reset user password but having issues when sending that generated password via email - Username info is attached correctly in the email but the password info is blank. Can you please advise. Thanks, Darren

asked Apr 3 by DarrenFisk (20 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,779 comments
544,979 users