0 votes

Hello

We need to store the initials and Employee number for deleted users.
If an employee is hired again and created as AD user, the stored initials must be (offered) reused.
We could just move the deprovisioned account to a specific OU, but there may be a license and cost issue by doing that.

In our current IDM system, we store there information in the IDM systems internal database.
Is it possible to store (and recall) these user informations somewhere in Adaxes' database and then delete the AD account ?

- Thanks in advance.

by (2.6k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Actually, when a user leaves your company, there is a general recommendation not to delete the user account, but deprovision it. Usually, the deprovision process includes disabling user accounts. Since Adaxes license is based on the number of enabled and not expired user accounts, usually, deprovisioned users are not included in the license costs. Adaxes has a built-in Custom Command for deprovisioning users called Deprovsion. For more information on this command, see Configure User Deprovisioning.

If, for some reasons, you cannot deprovision users and need to delete them, what data do you need to preserve exactly? Only Full Name, Employee ID and Username or anything else?

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We will be migrating from the default logging in the SQL Express database to a fully licenses MS SQL Server database. We would like for the existing logs to be ported over as well.

asked Dec 28, 2022 by bsteele (90 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have problem to connect mysql to adaxes, what adaxes is support mysql or not suport mysql. can you give a sample script to connect adaxes to mysql?

asked Jan 5, 2022 by systech (100 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Forgive my ignorance on this subject, I am definitely not a database person but I'm the closest thing our company has to one. I've setup a 2nd Adaxes server ... would be real bummer if the software doesn't support MySQL or MariaDB. Thanks in advance!

asked Jan 4, 2022 by andrewhancock91 (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Can the logging database be run on SQL 2019?

asked Jul 20, 2020 by rurbaniak (1.4k points)
0 votes
1 answer

where is the configuration module to set up and external db for logging purposes

asked Apr 13, 2020 by chappyshi (90 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,990 users