0 votes

Is there a good way to use Adaxes to review effective rights to directories and files? I was thinking maybe a custom command posted on a web interface. I am not sure if the directories could be prompted or if it would be one command per location.

by (420 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Reviewing and managing folder permissions is a bit out of Adaxes scope, however we can provide you an option. You can generate reports on folder permissions with the help of scripts. For example, the following script from our Script Repository shows how to generate a report on folder permissions on a certain file server: http://www.adaxes.com/script-repository ... r-s352.htm.

As for prompting for user input, you can use the approach provided in the following post on this forum: Custom Command That Does Not Execute on Object.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We originally installed Adaxes and assigned the Adaxes Service user to the Domain Admins group. We are now locking down that group and have removed the Adaxes Serivce from ... to do things. What rights does Adaxes Service need in order to administer users?

asked Jul 23, 2021 by cobaltcu (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

we used the adaxes "move home directory" tool, but after all the directories were moved, they were all set to the default security of the parent folder. The per user ... there a way to go through each user and assign their rights to the home directory?

asked Feb 27, 2017 by mdedmon (150 points)
0 votes
1 answer

User is trying to amend the account expiry date on another user account. User has done this many times in the past - only difference is this is a new OU. Adaxes service account has the necessary permissions to the OU so I can't see why this is happening

asked Jan 3 by NeilM (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I'm looking to audit file Share permissions, in order to find out what groups and individuals have access to what files and folders, whether those permissions are inherited or assigned, etc. Wondering if Adaxes can do this. Thanks in advance,

asked Mar 15, 2022 by sysdadmin (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I need a script that will retrospectively create a sub-folder on file server's shared folder with following permissions: employee his/hers manager (taken from AD) specific ... for more pre-existing users that don't have them. Thanks for any feedback.

asked Nov 3, 2020 by roberttryba (70 points)
3,326 questions
3,025 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users