0 votes

Let me preface by saying that I am a Lotus Notes Developer that is very new to Adaxes and am learning as I go. I've created a form in Adaxes that has several fields that require the display of values "on the fly". At this point in my development effort, I'm not totally sure where we will be getting the values from, but most likely it will be a SQL table. Details are still being ironed out.

There are two fields in particular that need to have the values populated based on a value selected in a previous field. Specifically, the first field is Department. I am aware of how to populate the property pattern for this field (based on some demo code I saw on your website) using a Scheduled Task. After that, it becomes a little fuzzy! Once the department is selected, I'll need to get the code associated with that department and then use that code to populate the values for the next field, which is the Division. So the property pattern for Division needs to be generated "on the fly" based on the Department selected. And then, once the Division has been selected, I need to use the value that was selected (actually it's corresponding Division code) to populate the property pattern for the last field, Section, and the pick-list would show just the Sections related to the selected Division code.

I'm hoping this makes sense. So is all of this possible and if so, can you point me to some examples?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

by (870 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Currently, it is impossible to generate possible values for a property 'on the fly'. We have a similar request in our Product Backlog. It is very popular among our customers, so it will be available in one of the nearest releases.

I would like to 'vote' for this feature too, it would greatly enhance the ability to apply standardisation to workflows

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We'll add a +1 to the feature on your behalf, if you don't mind.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I have trouble understanding the instruction listed here: https://www.adaxes.com/script-repositor ... s-s516.htm What should I put into $propertyForSearch and ... Since Adaxes is not the only system adding new locations to AD. Thank you.

asked Jul 4, 2019 by DLe (760 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are trying to enforce better consistency for user attribute values in a domain but without overly restricting user input when modifying/creating users. Is it possible to ... to these fields and create Custom Commands to change them which is very tedious.

asked Mar 21, 2019 by Staj (350 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have a form to used by our HR Reps to create non-employee records. There are two fields on the form that are auto-generated via a property pattern: Full Name ( ... changed to cause this new behavior? Nothing has changed with our property pattern set-up...

asked Aug 30, 2016 by sandramnc (870 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is there an option to load the possibles values of the Property Pattern, from SQL or other external sources?

asked Aug 5, 2013 by sdavidson (730 points)
0 votes
1 answer

When we create a shared mailbox, we create an associated mail-enabled security group. In the security group I want to populate the description field with the name of the shared mailbox ... How can I get just the "name" of the shared mailbox versus the full DN?

asked Feb 4, 2021 by atnorman (120 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users