0 votes

We are trying to standardize the UPN attribute value to be equal to the mail attribute when it is present. I am looking for an easy way to identify and remediate accounts where the values do not match. Here are some things that come to mind regarding requirements.

- Ignore accounts where the mail attribute is empty or contains an external email address
- A way to manually search AD for accounts with a mismatch
( I can do this for a single account by searching for a specific value, but I cannot do an LDAP search based on a variable like %mail% as far as I can tell)
- Scheduled report email showing accounts that do not match (I believe I can base this on an existing report I have built)
- A method for manually excluding accounts that have an internal email address in the mail attribute but should be ignored (optional)

by (290 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

The best way to achieve what you want is to use PowerShell script. For example, you can use a script that sends you an HTML-formatted report containing all users who have a UPN/email mismatch. Each user in the report will be represented as a link to Adaxes Web interface, so you can click it and quickly modify what's necessary. You can schedule the script using Adaxes Scheduled Tasks to receive the reports on a regular basis.

Alternatively, you can create a Scheduled Task that will modify the users automatically instead of sending you a report. The task will set either the user's email address based on the UPN value or vice versa.

Which of the above options suits your needs better so we can show you an example?

Also, for new user accounts, we recommend creating a Business Rule triggered after creating a user that will set the email based on the UPN value. If you want, we can also show you an example of this.

At least initially I only intend to report the information. I may automate the change later, but we want to identify the scope of the change first.

Hello,

For this purpose, you can use the following script available in our Script Repository: http://www.adaxes.com/script-repository ... s-s404.htm.

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

I would like to have a job that compares the attribute "mail" and "proxyAddresses", but am only interested in the primary proxy address (designated by an uppercase "SMTP:" ... these map or are related if the job itself is not possible with the adaxes tool?

asked Nov 4, 2015 by rgreggs (250 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Within Property Patterns, I need a way to fill in 'User Logon Name' with the contents of the mail field only up until the @ sign. The requirement is due to the need ... , have it populate the User Logon Name field with 'accountsreceivable'. How can I do this?

asked Sep 16, 2016 by ajrechk (480 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hello, I'm working on an enable user option that does the following 1) Enables the user 2) Admin can manually adjust the Description of the user. 3) Moves the user to a ... them all and just want to make sure I select the correct attribute if it is one.

asked Jan 19, 2016 by jtop (680 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I am using this script modified for my testing. Import-Module Adaxes $csvFilePath = "D:\TestFeed\ImportNewUsers.csv" # Path to pick up feed file $userIdColumn = "Employee Number" # TODO: ... initial. I would like to add a 2 for now if the sam isn't unique.

asked Oct 17, 2022 by mightycabal (1.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Unfortunately, the logon names are not set automatically when a user is created. For the Full Name attribute everything is working fine. Where did I make a mistake here? Greetings, Robin

asked Apr 26, 2022 by robin.christmann (160 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,683 users