0 votes

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me with configuring email addresses when executing business rules.
Our current policy creates email addresses based on first initial, last name format. For example: (John Smith JSmith@contoso.com)
When creating, we sometimes run the issue of having an email address that already exists and creates JSmith1@contoso.com. We then need to change the address manually to include the second initial of the first name to JoSmith@contoso.com, and if that's taken then JohSmith@contoso.com, etc.

Is it possible for Adaxes to pick this up and programmatically change the email address?

http://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_Simplif ... Script.htm
Example 2 is close to what we need but not quite. Need it for unique email addresses and specifying a specific format.

Thank you!

by (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

Yes, it is possible. You can use the following script from our Script Repository: http://www.adaxes.com/script-repository ... s-s331.htm. You need to add the Run a program or PowerShell script action that runs the script in your Business Rule that creates the mailboxes, after the action that performs mailbox creation.

Thank you so much!

How would I be able to execute this script after they use the "Show Create Mailbox form after creation" instead of when running this when it creates the mailbox with condition?

Edit: I'd like to describe the ideal situation:

- The administrator goes to the web interface to create a user.
- There's an option to check whether or not the person requires a mailbox. (I think that's here? Asking questions on object creation form)
- If the value is true, then create a mailbox (either with the mailbox form or through the create mailbox rule)
- Depending on which OU the user was selected to be created in, certain mailbox databases can be picked. E.g: If Mexico OU was picked, then have only Mexico Mailbox Databases pickable.
- Run the script you have provided to make sure the email address is fixed.

Thanks!!!

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

The default pattern format we need should be :First letter of User firstname concatinated to user lastname and pd.sandiego.gov as in jdoe@pd.sandiego.gov

asked Jan 23 by hhsmith (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi team, I am trying to set a primary smtp address to a user based on input during creation. If someone set a specific email in form, this is stored in customAttributeText3 and ... a specifc email address as primary? Do I need to run a PS command to set it?

asked Oct 13, 2023 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

My security team is looking to do a security review and would like the vendor to fill out a questionnaire.

asked Aug 25, 2023 by LarrySargent (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi I've found a small problem in 2021.1 where approval emails for a task are being sent to the onmicrosft.com email address of the approvers not their actual email address. ... , these show up in Mimecast just as the users name, no email address. Thanks Matt

asked Dec 2, 2022 by chappers77 (2.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have an AD Atturbute called HRManager which refferances AD accounts (like the manager attubute does) is there a way to get the email address of the referanced account in a script?

asked Jun 7, 2022 by hgletifer (1.3k points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users