0 votes

We are receiving the error:

Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\\Windows\\system32\\WindowsPowerShell\\v1.0\\Modules\\MSOnline\\Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.PSModule.dll' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

when trying to connect to our Office365 subscription through GoDaddy. We are running Powershell 4.0, have the latest prereqs and restarted the service twice. PLease advise.

by (3.2k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

You need to use version 8362.1 of Microsoft Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell (not the latest one). For information on where to find the required version, see the following help article: http://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Perf ... rO365.html. After installing the correct version of the module, do not forget to restart Softerra Adaxes Service.

We will switch to the latest version started from Adaxes 2017.2 that will be available later this year.

Thank you that did the trick. I thought we had that version previously. How do we sync the license information back to Adaxes. (We have 87 licenses and 75 or so are already assigned). ex. my account says no Office365 account but i do have one i sign into.

Hello,

Do you use DirSytnc / AAD Connect in your environment or not?

I don't thin k we did. Is there a tutorial for setting it up?

Hello,

We are not asking you to configure it. We are only asking whether directory synchronization is enabled in your environment or not? It is not a part of Adaxes.

Sorry, i don't setup the environments personally. No we aren;t using DirSync or AAD yet. It may be coming this year i am told.

Hello,

The thing is that Adaxes allows managing Office 365 properties of a user only if the Immutable ID property of an Office 365 account matches the Object GUID property of the AD user account. When an Office 365 account is created in Adaxes or if your AD is synchronized with Office 365 via DirSync or AAD Sync, an immutable ID is assigned automatically. However, if an Office 365 account was created outside of Adaxes, and your AD environment is not synchronized, the ID will not be assigned.

To associate already existing Office 365 accounts with AD user accounts by setting a correct Immutable ID, you can use the following script from our Script Repository: http://www.adaxes.com/script-repository ... r-s434.htm. It will fix the issue.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I have followed the instructions but still cannot seem to connect to Azure AD. If I install the latest Azure AD powershell module I can connect via powershell. As soon as I ... version described in the HOW-TO I get that it threw an exception. Please advise.

asked Apr 3, 2017 by cyspry (480 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are receiving the following error when we attempt to add an Office 365 tenant into Adaxes. I'm able to log in fine via the powershell module. Here are the following ... of each of these, but receive the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

asked Mar 2, 2017 by jhair (520 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Good Morning, On our help desk's actions they have two options, "Add to Group" and "Modify User". When they attempt to add a user to a group with "Add to group", ... help desk security role full access to group objects, but still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

asked Feb 18, 2016 by jhair (520 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I am trying to configure Adaxes to talk to my O365 Tenant. Following the guide here - https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_Active ... ice365.htm - I am getting stuck on the ... the same rights that I have set on the service account) Is anybody able to help?

asked Jun 13, 2019 by lucaswhizz (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hey Everyone, As of Thursday last week (8/31), we have been unable to connect to our Office 365 Tenant through Adaxes. I'm attaching the error we are receiving when I attempt ... or off network (157.56.55.77:443). Is anyone else having problems with this?

asked Sep 5, 2017 by Ben.Burrell (490 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,772 comments
544,968 users