0 votes

I have need to produce the same product as the request documented in the following post:

Export Exchange mailbox and delete account

I created everything per documentation, but every time that I run the export script, I get the following:

Run PowerShell script 'Export Mailbox' for the user
Get-MailboxExportRequest : The term 'Get-MailboxExportRequest' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:6 char:2 + Get-MailboxExportRequest -Name username | Remove-MailboxExportReques ... + ~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-MailboxExportRequest:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException .Exception.Message : The term '.Exception.Message' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:13 char:2 + .Exception.Message + ~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.Exception.Message:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

This appears to be an issue with the cmdlet not being available. I have tested my commands in a powershell window independently and the remote powershell to my exchange environment is functioning as expected, but if I run it in an automated fashion or in the powershell script editor on an AD object, it fails like this everytime.

Do you have any suggestions concerning what might cause the remote PS session to not work or what might cause the script to be executed outside of the context of the remote session?

Rob

by (250 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello Rob,

You need to have a look on the 2nd page of that topic. The answer to your question is in Export Exchange mailbox and delete account ;)

Doh!

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi, is it possible to export automatically the exchange online mailbox of a user to a .PST file on our archive server before the user is deleted? Kind regards, Fabian

asked Oct 26, 2023 by fabian.p (150 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I want to create a custom Deprovission command which exports the mailbox of the user to a pst file, when it's completed the account should be deleted. Can this be done with adaxes? Thnx Remco

asked Jan 10, 2014 by RTiel (780 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is there a way to export mailboxes to individual PST files 180 days after the account was set to expire? /Kaj

asked Dec 5, 2017 by KajLehtinen (650 points)
0 votes
2 answers

Hi All, Weve switched to Office365 and Im using Adaxes to create users which is working really well. However lots of our users now have remote mailboxes which is all good ... be stored even though the user will be removed from the users list. Thanks, Will

asked Aug 11, 2017 by will17 (350 points)
0 votes
1 answer

When will the export of a mailbox archive supported (http://www.adaxes.com/sdk/SampleScripts ... boxes.html)? I know there's a workarround with new-pssession...... but I'm just curious when it will be supported.... Thnx Remco

asked Dec 4, 2015 by RTiel (780 points)
3,326 questions
3,025 answers
7,724 comments
544,678 users