0 votes

Dear support,

I would like to make sure that the account expiration date for an account is between today & 3 months from now.

In the property pattern I am able to define a default value, but for the constraint I can only input a list of valid date.

In my opinion it would make more sense to have range instead of discrete values.

I know how I could implement that check through the script - you don't need to provide that to me, it is just a feature request :-)

Thanks

by (750 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Pierre,

Yes, you are right, currently you can achieve this only with the help of a Business Rule. Feature request accepted. We've added it to our sandbox and will discuss it when deciding on features for future releases.

Dear support,

Since we are at it, I would have another date related feature request:

It would be great if we could specify the output format of the template %datetime%.

It is currently resolved to plain text date like "22/01/2016 14:45:45". In that shape it is sadly unsable to filter against msDS-LastSuccessfulInteractiveLogonTime, lastlogontimestamp, ... that would be very convenient in Business rule for instance.

Regards,

Hello Pierre,

Actually, you can use Business Rule conditions to compare such properties:

Is that something what you needed? If not, could you provide more details?

Dear support,

I want to use that feature in business rules and it does not work:

The %datetime% template get resolved to a plain string instead of a timestamp and it fails.

Regards

Hello Pierre,

Currently, you won't be able to build a Business Unit like that because the %datetime% value reference is resolved into a text representation of a date, and in order to compare it with lastLogonTimestamp you need an integer. As a workaround, we suggest using the Inactive Users Report available in the Web Interface. It returns you a list of users who haven't logged on during a certain number of days.

As soon as the report is generated, you will be able to perform the operations on the users, for example, deprovision them.

If you want to perform certain action automatically in Business Rules, Custom Commands or Scheduled Tasks, you can use the If account is inactive <period> condition type to determine which accounts have not logged on for a while.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Dear support, Property patterns for date are currently barely usable. You can define that the value must be: - One of the following values only - Must not contains the ... but it would look cleaner if the property pattern could handle that natively. Cheers !

asked Mar 8, 2019 by Pierre (750 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Since last version, the "expire account" format is dd/Mmmm/aaaa (in a french browser). We have in our organization a blind man for who this format is not friendly. Is there a way to get back to a dd/mm/aaaa format ? Thanks for your response, Yoann Hamon

asked Sep 30, 2013 by yoann.hamon (180 points)
0 votes
1 answer

the script repo examples are almost entirely written in ADSI, however powershell is now far more widely used, is it possible to have all scripts written in both ADSI and powershell.

asked Jan 5 by i*windows (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Shared mailboxes are treated as standard users, however they really should have a separate view. I would like to request that a new view is made avaiilable for Shared ... office location, data from HR systems, windows profile, etc are not really relevant.

asked Jun 23, 2023 by i*windows (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Using the "Inactive user allowed to log in" report in Adaxes, I want to be able to select specific OUs to exclude out of the scope in this report, or have the option to filter based on a user property such as Department.

asked Nov 8, 2022 by GronTron (270 points)
3,340 questions
3,041 answers
7,764 comments
544,924 users