0 votes

Dear support,

Would it be possible to systematically trim input received from users? Our helpdesk often create users with starting/ending white character.

I did already restrict that as much as possible through property pattern (regex must match: ^[^\s].*[^\s]$) but I am pretty sure that such a global feature could benefit many of your customers.

Thank you in advance

Pierre

by (750 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Pierre,

Currently, we are not planning anything like that, but thanks for your suggestion. Also, you can create Business Rules triggered before creating and editing users that would automatically trim any leading/trailing spaces. The Business Rules will need to run a PowerShell script. For an example of such a Business Rule, have a look at the Validate/Modify User Input Using a Script Tutorial. If you want, we can make you a sample script.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

In past I am able to enable Auto Logon (Windows Integrated Auth) in our Internal Adaxes Server (full server) and in same time Form based auth for DMZ Based web server ... login when internal network but when outside, they should get the auth form for login.

asked Feb 20, 2019 by Brajesh (460 points)
0 votes
1 answer

the script repo examples are almost entirely written in ADSI, however powershell is now far more widely used, is it possible to have all scripts written in both ADSI and powershell.

asked Jan 5 by i*windows (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Shared mailboxes are treated as standard users, however they really should have a separate view. I would like to request that a new view is made avaiilable for Shared ... office location, data from HR systems, windows profile, etc are not really relevant.

asked Jun 23, 2023 by i*windows (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Using the "Inactive user allowed to log in" report in Adaxes, I want to be able to select specific OUs to exclude out of the scope in this report, or have the option to filter based on a user property such as Department.

asked Nov 8, 2022 by GronTron (270 points)
0 votes
1 answer

On scheduled tasks, business rules, and custom commands, inside an if statement, you have the option for it to be "AND" or "OR" in the condition. Can there be a ... a bunch of computer accounts to be deleted. We think this would be a good safety measure.

asked Mar 22, 2021 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,982 users