0 votes

Hi,

I have a business rule that triggers on creation of a user
In its actions it:
Moves the user to a specific OU
Calls a powershell script to mailbox enable the user
Modifies the user to clear some attributes

The problem is the last action fires another business rule that I have that fires when accounts are updated

My question is this:
Can you suppress business rules from firing when the action that would normally fire it was caused by another business rule?

Thanks in advance

Phil

by (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (1.2k points)

I thought of something to maybe help you here. What about using an Adaxes custom boolean bit. Have you first business rule set the bit true and have the second business rule run only if not equal to true. On the second business rule that will be kicked off, have it run another action to clear the bit.

To map it a little

Moves the user to a specific OU
Calls a powershell script to mailbox enable the user
Modifies the user to clear some attributes
Set boolean bit to true

Second businees rule on modify
do this as long as boolean bit is not equal to true

Second action in second business rule
Set remove boolean bit

Does this help?

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I need to retreive a secret from a Azure Keyvault in a business rule. I have a powershell script that works if i run a external command. But it fails if ... at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 20 Any sugestion? Kind regards Reidar Dick-Henriksen

asked Dec 6, 2023 by reidardh (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have employees that work at more than one location, we would like them to be on the staff lists at those locations as well as their main location. This is the ... the rules... After Alternate Location A Changed... After Alternate Location B Changed...

asked May 25, 2020 by jcalvert (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

In our environment, we have many business rules with "Add to group". Now I have to delete the "Add to group xyz" in all business rules, as the group is now rule-based. Is there ... in Adaxes so that I don't have to search for and delete all "Add to group xyz"?

asked Mar 7 by DRiVSSi (280 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, We have some Create Business Rules with ifs and other actions. Now these have to be controlled by a third person who has no rights to the console. How can I export the ... to a .txt file? The TXT must contain the condition and the actions. Thanks a lot

asked Aug 10, 2023 by DRiVSSi (280 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I'd like to be able to either send an email report or export a CSV of all of the business rules carried out when a user is disabled. This would be ... Management Activity section but this includes things that weren't part of the disable operation. Thanks

asked Feb 19, 2020 by bavery (250 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,984 users