0 votes

Hello,

We plan to use Adaxes in a multi-forest environment and serveral thousand of users.
The web interface will be used by sys admins and service desk staff (less that 15).
I want the installation to be as simple and light as possible and virtualization will be used (in case of crash the VM can be restored from backup).
So, in this scenario what is the recommendation? Will just one server be enough? Or maybe one server for IIS and another one for the others services?

Thanks in advances.

by (1.1k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

First of all, to backup Adaxes configuration, instead of backing up the whole of your VM, we recommend using Adaxes service and Web Interface backup/restore to preserve the configuration of Adaxes. For detailed instructions, see the following help articles:

1. Backup/Restore Service Configuration
  2. Backup/Restore Web Interface Configuration

Although one server should be sufficient from the point of view of performance, to ensure load balancing and fault tolerance, consider installing multiple instances of Adaxes services sharing common configuration. In such a configuration, you will be able to balance the load among those services, but what is more important, if one of the services fails or becomes unavailable, the other services will be available and will provide Adaxes functionality to your admins / service desk people. For more details, see section Service Configuration Replication in the Technical Overview.

You can also ensure redundancy on the Web Interface side by installing Web interfaces to a web farm. For more information, have a look at the corresponding topic in our Installation Notes: http://www.adaxes.com/resources/InstNotes.htm#webfarm.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I think I am not the only one disliking the new design, even though functionality is superior to the older one, but this is only due to practical reasons - I do ... , that is how frustrated I am with current design. Are there any options to get that?

asked Jun 14, 2019 by DLe (760 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hi there, I can't seem to install the latest Adaxes client - an error appears - Error writing to file: Newtonsoft.Json.dll I've tried running the installer with admin rights but the same thing happens. Could you suggest anyway I can resolve this? Thanks, Henry

asked May 23, 2023 by henryg (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is the further clarification on how to join the Adaxes service to the configuration set during a multi-sever upgrade

asked Nov 16, 2022 by itsupport (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello I've broke my Adaxes setup after installing AD Certificate Authority Web Services (which use IIS too). I've uninstalled the service but issue is still there. Access to all ... do it since already installed. It's a Windows Server 2019 (Azure VM) Any idea?

asked Aug 3, 2021 by ygini (240 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I'm looking for installation/configuration manuals to determine the installation requirements (prerequisites) for Adaxes. I'd like to install this on two vmware virtual servers running Windows ... ready for the install so I don't waste any of the trial time.

asked Apr 27, 2021 by MRBruce (110 points)
3,350 questions
3,051 answers
7,791 comments
545,068 users