0 votes

ACK - disregard the below question, the answer is simple and a misunderstanding on my part. For those searching this, simply expose the ms-mcs-admpwd computer property and as long as the ADAXES service account has the ability to decrypt passwords then it will be available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are in the process of implementing LAPS in our environment for our workstations. We are hoping to be able to leverage the ADAXES helpdesk UI to allow our helpdesk personnel to find a computer in the domain and display the local admin password for it.

The custom command for showing this password is simple:

Import-Module ActiveDirectory
Get-ADComputer %cn% -Properties ms-Mcs-AdmPwd | select ms-Mcs-AdmPwd

The result, however, is not displayed in the web UI.

What might be the best/cleanest way to implement this?

Thanks!

by (610 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We are in the process of implementing LAPS in our environment. Is there an option / way to get the password from the Adaxes web portal?

asked Jun 15, 2020 by peggleg (110 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Good day, i wanted to check if it is possible to show password strength when a user is changing their password on the self service portal. Currently we have set up a password policy to accept passwords of 8 characters or more on AD

asked Jul 28, 2017 by Cliffology (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I want to send an e-mail (after create user job) with the password visible, how to do that? Remco

asked Jan 13, 2014 by RTiel (780 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I am having issues with Reports not matching the results in the Console and Web UI. Below, you can see that the Adaxes Console only has 8 Workstations listed, but on the ... UI. Any help is appreciated, let me know if there is any questions. Thank You!

asked Jul 23, 2023 by Edogstraus00 (470 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hello, I get this error after logging into the web interface (As Adaxes Admin):   Fatal Error - Cannot process the request because the request signature is invalid or ... Adaxes Services/Server about 3 or 4 times now and restarting the computer as well.

asked Feb 6, 2023 by Edogstraus00 (470 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,772 comments
544,973 users