0 votes

Right now, I have my Help Desk limited to the Employee OU for Password Resets, Unlocking, and Updating user information. And I have also limited then to seeing nothing but User Accounts. So when they use the Search or Reports functions that I've allowed them to use, it show's them users OUTSIDE of the Employee's OU. They can't do anything with them, BUT it's in the list. For example it's showing other ADMIN users that aren't in the OU, and also Decommisioned users that are in the Decommisioned OU.

Is there a way to keep those users outside the Employee OU from showing up in Searches and Reports?

by (1.4k points)

Ok, I think I got it. My Domain Users Security is set at Authenticated Users = All Objects.

So, they are getting the rights to see those from it. So I can change this, or use the Blind User to deny access as well.

Please let me know if there's something different that what I am saying here.

Thanks.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

I'm brand new to this product and am still learning, I apologize for what are presumably bonehead questions. Here goes: 1) We've got a Create Contact action set up ... the custom form Exchange-enables the group? Thanks for the information, A brand new user.

asked Oct 4, 2016 by ctdhelpdesk (190 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Team, I am trying to build a web portal to use as a company directory, the problem is that when a search is conducted it shows every account in the forest. I ... it, without displaying any service accounts or accounts like that. Is this possible? Thanks again!

asked Aug 20, 2014 by babbeaw (320 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I've been attempting to run the "Management History" report located in Reports -> All Reports -> Miscellaneous->Logging based on this script in the repository. ... to using the ADSI Adaxes functionality and I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

asked Aug 15, 2023 by awooten (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, In this specific example, we have 3 different groups. 1 for Access, 1 for resource, then one for authentication. Each company has a Resource and Access Group. I ... already have a log message included to state one was not found. Can you please help?

asked Feb 5 by Edogstraus00 (470 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I would like to add the following logic into a Powershell script that will be triggered on 'After Create User'. Read the value of the 'title' property of the user just created ... 'True' or 'False'. Could you assist with how to script this please? Many thanks.

asked May 1, 2020 by Bernie (310 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,679 users