0 votes

Hi

I use an external MSSQL for logging, but the C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Service\LogDB\AdaxesLog.db3 keeps growing.

As I can understand, logging are done both to the external and internal database.

If Adaxes is configured to use an external database for logging information, log records are stored in both the local (SQLite) and the external databases. If you switch back to the local database, no logging information will be lost.

So just to be certain abaout this logging thing, I have some questions.

If I set the "Keep records in the built-in database" setting to 90 days:
A) Will log entries older than 90 days still be present in the external database ?
B) Will I be able to see/seach log entries older than 90 days in the Adaxes Console ?

- Thanks

by (2.6k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

A) Will log entries older than 90 days still be present in the external database ?

Yes.

B) Will I be able to see/seach log entries older than 90 days in the Adaxes Console ?

Yes.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Can the logging database be run on SQL 2019?

asked Jul 20, 2020 by rurbaniak (1.4k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We will be migrating from the default logging in the SQL Express database to a fully licenses MS SQL Server database. We would like for the existing logs to be ported over as well.

asked Dec 28, 2022 by bsteele (90 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have problem to connect mysql to adaxes, what adaxes is support mysql or not suport mysql. can you give a sample script to connect adaxes to mysql?

asked Jan 5, 2022 by systech (100 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Forgive my ignorance on this subject, I am definitely not a database person but I'm the closest thing our company has to one. I've setup a 2nd Adaxes server ... would be real bummer if the software doesn't support MySQL or MariaDB. Thanks in advance!

asked Jan 4, 2022 by andrewhancock91 (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

where is the configuration module to set up and external db for logging purposes

asked Apr 13, 2020 by chappyshi (90 points)
3,343 questions
3,044 answers
7,766 comments
544,953 users