0 votes

We experienced today that one of our managed domains became unreachable. That gave us, what i would call, a wierd problem:

The user 'user1@domail1.local' can't be logged in. A local error has occurred on 'manageddomain.local'.

Why would a error on one of the managed domains stop a user from logging in to the web interface??

by (960 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

If you've enabled or disabled access to the Web interface to certain groups, as described in this tutorial: http://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_WebInte ... erface.htm, to log a user in, Adaxes needs to check whether the user is/is not a member of the specified groups. For this purpose, Adaxes Web Interface performs a search for all the groups that the user is a member of in all the managed and available domains.

Since your domain returns A local error has occurred error message, this means that there are some issues with the domain and it cannot process the request from Adaxes Web interface, but it is not completely down. Since the domain is not yet completely down, Adaxes doesn't mark it as unavailable, and thus Adaxes Web Interface continues polling it for the groups that the user is a member of, but since the domain cannot process the request, the error occurs.

To remedy the issue until the domain is available again, we recommend restarting Adaxes service. If the domain won't be responding in a proper manner upon Adaxes service restart, it will be marked as inactive. If this doesn't help, try unregistering it at least for the time until it becomes fully available again.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We have multiple secondary domains that are being managed by Adaxes. Everything seems to be working except self service portal login. We tested with our other secondary domains and those ... other than sign failed. What else can I look at to figure this out?

asked Aug 21, 2020 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

In order to add a managed domain does it have to be trusted by the primary domain adaxes is installed an running in? I have set up a domain for testing adaxes and it ... I have set my host file to point the untrusted domain to it's primary Domain Controller.

asked Oct 5, 2022 by mightycabal (1.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

This is issue has been going on for awhile with worsening symptons. We opened up this ticket awhile back when it was just the web interface that wouldn't work and after ... to get to the bottom of this. Having a separate install is not a viable option.

asked Jul 1, 2021 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I need to be alerted if the domain administrator account is used to log in any device. Is there a way to do it by recording the last logon time for example ? Thanks you

asked Jan 12 by zemitch (200 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Will it use 1 license for an Active Directory user and his azure account or 2 licenses?

asked Nov 7, 2023 by johanpr (80 points)
3,326 questions
3,025 answers
7,723 comments
544,675 users