0 votes

Hi everyone,
How are you doing?

I need to know how do I to make changes in selfservice password policy.
Actually my policy is in production and all users have to answer 4 questions, but we have to change for all users answer only 2 questions.

Is there a possibility of users don't re-enroll the policy, keeping 2 responses from 4 questions already made?

Thanks for all.

Regards,

Lopes

by (100 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Lopes,

It depends the version of Adaxes you are using.

1. Adaxes 2015 Update 2
    If you have the latest Adaxes version (Adaxes 2015 Update 2), users will not have to re-enroll. Starting from this version, if a policy changes, and users have more questions in their question pool than they are required to answer, such users are re-enrolled automatically.
  2. Versions prior to Adaxes 2015 Update 2
    In earlier Adaxes versions, the behavior depends on the following setting of your Password Self-Service Policy: Miscellaneous\Re-Enrollment\Force users affected by this policy to re-enroll when.

If the option is enabled, users will have to re-enroll. If not, they won’t have to re-enroll, however, the old policy will be applied to them. That is, they will have to answer all the 4 questions when resetting their password.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I did some testing around Fine Grained Paswword Policy and Adaxes. See my previous post. It seems to be OK. HOWEVER If I use the Adaxes web portal to view a user's ... the default domain policy and not the true one as of the FGPP as implemented by Adaxes.

asked Dec 18, 2012 by It_helpdesk (280 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have created a fine grained password policy in Adaxes with expiry dates in 100 days. It appears to work. However ADUC still show the accounts expirying in 42 days as ... Adaxes or only reflect the domain policy even if it no longer applies to the user?

asked Nov 13, 2012 by It_helpdesk (280 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have not deployed the Password SelfService out yet, but I am making my help desk guys use the password reset tools when they lock themselves out. Today one of them was ... of inner exception stack trace ---</Data> </EventData> </Event>

asked Apr 1, 2013 by jiambor (1.2k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We use a third party tool to enforce stronger password policy than what AD allows. Is there a way to change the text on password change windows to reflect this?

asked Jan 11, 2021 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
2 answers

We have a few password self-service policies mostly using the Microsoft Authenticator app but certain users need to use Questions instead. We have a single user that, in the admin ... mode to make sure it is not a cache issue. Your help is greatly appreciated!

asked Dec 7, 2020 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,772 comments
544,970 users