0 votes

Is it possible to send more than 160 characters in a SMS?
If I try sending a SMS with more than 160 characters, I get this error message:
“The message was truncated to 160 characters”

We are using Email to SMS.

by (50 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Currently, it is not possible to extend the limit. We have a request to make it configurable in our Product Backlog. We'll add a +1 to that item on your behalf, if you don't mind.

Thank you

Starting from Adaxes 2017.1, you can configure the maximum length of SMS messages. To do this:

1. Launch Adaxes Administration Console.
  2. Right-click your Adaxes Service and select Properties.
  3. Activate the SMS Settings tab.
  4. Click More options.

You can download the latest build here.

Upgrade Instructions

What's New

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi Support, I'm trying to use adaxes to send a couple of branded emails with User information such as UPN and First name. I've written some HTML email code but would ... <table class="wrapper" width="100%" cellspacing="0" align=center cellpadding="0">

asked Feb 18, 2020 by richarddewis (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi Forum, Today :) i have 2 questions: 1. is it possible to disable the "Show indirect membership" option in the member of Section of the Webinterface? 2. We regularly ... it better to put this into a different database? Thanks a lot for your help. Cheers

asked May 21, 2015 by esoAdxAdmin (650 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, First of all, what a great product! However, I do have some questions, I tried searching for the answers but I couldn't find any relevant information. How do I ... is there an option to change the error message on the login-page? Best regards, Tommi

asked Nov 18, 2013 by labero (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I do not find where in the web config file we change this limit. Thanks for your help

asked Jul 28, 2011 by sroux (800 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have taken a look at the below help article for configuring password generation parameters, but I am not sure where to add this as a script in Adaxes admin ... https://www.adaxes.com/help/PasswordGenerationParameters/ Thank you in advance for all the help

asked Jan 11 by Vish539 (310 points)
3,341 questions
3,041 answers
7,764 comments
544,926 users