0 votes

Hi

We are part of a larger organisation, with our own child domain and currently we are the only part of the business to use Adaxes.
We've recently started adding some of our users to Office365 and I would like to add O365 to Adaxes so we can manage the accounts properly, but am concerned about the licensing as this O365 is shared with the larger organisation. We have 2000 licenses, but there are around 8000 accounts in O365.

Is there a way to selectively manage O365 accounts?
We are using Azure AD Sync with these objects, so would it be possible to filter by the source domain?
Alternatively 'our' accounts all have one of 2 UPN domains so could we filter by that?

Thanks

Matt

by (2.0k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Matt,

Is there a way to selectively manage O365 accounts?

Yes, of course. To manage Office 365 accounts, first, you need to register your Office 365 Tenant in Adaxes. When registering, you need to associate the tenant with objects in your AD. You will be able to view and manage Office 365 properties of only those AD objects who are associated with the tenant. Thus, you can associate the tenant only with the user accounts whose Office 365 properties you want to mange. For details, see the following tutorial, section Register Office 365 Tenant, step 8: http://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_ActiveD ... tm#adscope.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I need to edit the default calendar permissions to reviewer for all company. We are using office2016 so the policy on M365 to do this doesn't seem to work. Instead ... the permissions on the calendar? Im aware that this would slow down user creation somewhat

asked Mar 25, 2021 by will17 (350 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have business rules active for creating (Office365)accounts. When a new account is created and activated for Office365 the mailbox is not available straight away ... how others are handeling the creation for Office365 accounts without on-premise Exchange.

asked Sep 25, 2017 by Maarten (100 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, We have an ADFS connected tenant in Office 365 with most users having on premise mailboxes, but some moving to Office365 mailboxes. We also use SharePoint online. Due to ... E3. How can our team view / assign / revoke sub licenses in Office365? Thanks.

asked Jan 14, 2015 by DFassett (710 points)
0 votes
0 answers

I am trying to register my Office 365 Tenant information via the adaxes admin console and am getting the error attached after completing the installation of the MSOL Sign in ... documented in this forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... owsAzureAD

asked Oct 31, 2014 by rgreggs (250 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi how can we pull reports on users and there Microsoft 365 license.

asked Nov 13, 2023 by johanpr (80 points)
3,347 questions
3,047 answers
7,784 comments
545,026 users