0 votes

We have noticed that when random users login to the self-service web interface, their photo will be missing and will show the placeholder profile image as if the individual does not have a photo. When you perform a quick search for the user, the photo appears as a thumbnail, but when you click to display the user, it doesn't appear in the main screen.

This behavior appears to be random - I can view my picture and my boss's picture today, but yesterday neither one appeared except for in the search as a thumbnail. Today he cannot view his picture in self-service, but tomorrow he will be able to.

We have not customized the photo property or any of the processes associated with modifying the photo as a function of self-service

Can you advise concerning what the issue might be or how to troubleshoot this issue?

Rob

by (250 points)

Hello Rob,

What version of Adaxes are you using (including the build number)?

Also, have a look at the Application Event Log on the computer where your Self-Service Web Interface is installed for any warnings and/or errors that may be related to the issue.

We are currently using 3.7.10905.0 in 64 bit.

I noticed two errors in my webui log that are frequent:

1:
Softerra.Adaxes.Web.Common.FatalErrorException: An unhandled exception occured (for details, see messages below). ---> Softerra.Adaxes.Adsi.DirectoryComException (0x80005004): An unknown directory object was requested
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.Utils.AdsiSchemaHelper.GetPropertyByName(IAdmServiceSchema schema, String name)
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.ManageDirectory.UserControls.PersonHeaderPresenter.GetMaxPhotoSize()
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.ManageDirectory.UserControls.PersonHeaderPresenter.DataBindView()
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.UI.Common.UserControls.UserControlBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

2:
**User 'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' is not allowed to save schema cache to 'C:\Windows\TEMP\\Softerra\Adaxes 3\\SchemaCache\D6BC23E6.SerializedObject'. The schema cache will not be used which may cause performance problems.

User actions:
Please grant permissions to the specified user to create and delete files in folder 'C:\Windows\TEMP\Softerra\Adaxes 3\SchemaCache'**

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

Could you answer the following questions for further troubleshooting:

1. As far as we can see from the errors that you've posted, you've checked Adaxes Event Log. And what about the Application Event Log? Are there any related warnings and/or errors?
  2. What web browser are you using? Can you open the Web Interface in another browser and check whether the issue reoccurs?

Also, judging by the error messages, the Web Interface is running in an application pool with the Classic Pipeline Mode, however an application pool with the Integrated Pipeline Mode is necessary. Can you switch the Web Interface to an application pool with the Integrated Pipeline Mode? To do this:

1. On the computer, where Adaxes Web Interface is installed, launch Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager from Control Panel \ Administrative Tools.

2. In the Connections Tree, expand the server that hosts the Web Interface that you are having issues with, and then expand Sites.

3. Expand the web site for Adaxes Web Interface.

4. Select the virtual directory for the Web Interface that you are experiencing issues with.

5. In the right view pane click Basic Settings.

6. Click the Select button that is associated with the Application pool field.

7. In the Application pool drop-down list, select a pool with the following parameters:

• .Net Framework Version: 2.0
    • Pipeline mode: Integrated.

8. Click OK 2 times and restart IIS.

9. Try accessing the Web interface. Does the issue reoccur?

I will change the integrated setting and let you know. The Application log did not return anything that indicated an issue.

This appears to have resolved the issue. I have had no further occurrences of the symptom.

Hello,

Thanks for the update!

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

Hi Evryone, I am trying to set up an external portal within a new webserver on dmz, and with only access to a webservice created from selfservice. The new webservice is only ... login, only reset password. What I am mising there that its not working? Thanks,

asked Nov 26, 2021 by yagoityd (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I'm trying to add an custom command under Actions. While I'm able to add them under UI editor, it is not visible when a user logs into self-service portal. However, other default actions are visible when I toggle them in UI editor.

asked Feb 5 by Renugopal (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Would like to know if we can remove the forget password link on Self-service login page or remove the ability for users to reset their password. We only want users to ... be able to change their password but not reset their password if they have forgotten it.

asked Mar 29, 2023 by Vish539 (310 points)
0 votes
1 answer

would like to know the method to provide a button to security Q&A reset for enrolled users to Adaxes Admins via Web UI

asked Mar 21, 2023 by Vish539 (310 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have implentend Adaxes in our infrastructure and users who use forget their password link via Adaxes self service portal by going thorugh the registered Q&A are being prompted to ... by a specific business rule, I am unable to check this via the log

asked Mar 14, 2023 by Vish539 (310 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users