0 votes

Hi Team,

Is it possible to use Powershell v3 instead of v2 in Adaxes (for custom actions) ? We are using 2012 version, don't know if 2013.1 is using natively v3 but we'd prefer to take our time to switch to the latest version and we desesperatly need to get access to Powershell v3 features.

Thanks

by (800 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Update 2018

Starting with version 2018.1 Adaxes supports the latest version of Windows PowerShell installed on the same computer where Adaxes service runs including PowerShell 3.0 and later.

Original

Hello,

No, this is currently impossible. Adaxes supports .NET Framework version 3.5 and loads and uses this framework version, which includes PowerShell version 2 only. You can install a newer version of .NET Framework with new PowerShell features on the computer where Adaxes is installed, but you will not be able to use it with Adaxes.

Hello,

I'm currently using Adaxes 2015 and it seems i can't use my script (works under powershell v3 but not under powershell v2). So what about the powershell version used by Adaxes now ?

Hello Alexandre,

Currently, Adaxes still loads the PowerShell v. 2.0 environment. We are planning to support at least PowerShell v. 3.0 starting from the next major version, Adaxes 2016.1.

For now, if you need to use PowerShell v. 3.0 features, you can work around that by launching a separate instance of PowerShell from your Business Rules, Custom Commands and Scheduled Tasks. Since it is going to be a separate instance, the latest version of PowerShell environment available on the computer will be loaded. For information on how to do this, see the following sample in our Script Repository: http://www.adaxes.com/script-repository ... e-s290.htm.

Thanks for your answer.

When will this version of Adaxes will be released ?

Hello Alexandre,

We are targeting the end of summer, but we cannot provide any fixed dates yet.

Any updates on this? Would love version 4.

Hello,

The version that will support PowerShell version 3 is rescheduled for the beginning of 2017. Currently, we are only planning the support for 3.0, support for PowerShell 4.0 will be considered.

This seems to be not working for Powershell 7. It uses only the lastest Version of "5.1.17763.2268" in our case. Is there a workaround to get Adaxes running with Powershell 7?

Hello,

Yes, you are right, Adaxes does not support PowerShell 7 as it is currently installed as a separate application alongside with another version. As an option you can try running your script in PowerShell 7 as an external program.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We have a "Create Shared Mailbox" function which uses a custom command in PS. I've amended my PS script to created Shared Mailboxes to be inline with the V3 of Exchange ... issue? Here's the script And here's the error after using the the function once.

asked Jun 13, 2023 by Homelander90 (330 points)
0 votes
2 answers

Hi team, we are using a lot of custom PowerShell Scripts in our rules and actions. Is there a way to see and search through them? Are they saved somewhere in a readable ... some paths and would like to avoid to open every rule and check every PS action. Thanks

asked Mar 6 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi All, I am currently using the 30 day free trial of Adaxes and seeing if we can use it to achieve our method of user provisioning. I am looking into server-side ... variable value within an SQL query Can this be achieved? Any help is much appreciated, Thanks

asked Feb 1 by Lewis (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Using the powershell module, I know how to create a scheduled task, and also how to bind to a scheduled task that is already known. I also have used code to try creating ... same time as another. These are all one-time tasks and will be removed once executed.

asked Jan 19 by aweight (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

the script repo examples are almost entirely written in ADSI, however powershell is now far more widely used, is it possible to have all scripts written in both ADSI and powershell.

asked Jan 5 by i*windows (260 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,777 comments
544,976 users