0 votes

Is it possible to remove the exchange mailbox, but leave the active directory account intact using an adaxes workflow?

Rob

by (250 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Rob,

Actually, the Delete Mailbox operation available in both the Administration Console and the Web Interface only delete information on a user's mailbox from the user account. The mailbox becomes disconnected and is later deleted by Exchange when the deleted mailbox retention period expires, which is 30 days by default. For more information, see Deleting Exchange Mailboxes.

If you want to automatically delete mailboxes from Business Rules, Custom Commands or Scheduled Tasks, you'll need to use a script. To add a script to a command, rule or task, you'll need to use the Run a program or PowerShell script action.

Here's a sample script that deletes the mailbox of the user on which a Business Rule, Custom Command or Scheduled Task is executed:

$Context.TargetObject.DeleteMailbox()

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I want to create a custom Deprovission command which exports the mailbox of the user to a pst file, when it's completed the account should be deleted. Can this be done with adaxes? Thnx Remco

asked Jan 10, 2014 by RTiel (780 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I'd like some help with a script to revoke a users rights to a shared mailbox upon being removed from a security group. I already have the reverse, a script that adds users to a shared mailbox, if they are a member of a group, now I just need the reverse.

asked Mar 20 by dominik.stawny (160 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hello. I'd like add the ability for people to remove full access to a mailbox, while not allowing them to grant access. I've come up with a hacky way to ... via the exchange delegation properties of the web interface. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

asked Jul 25, 2016 by EgotisticalGiraffe (350 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is it possible to script having users added (or removed) from a Security Group based on another AD Attribute? I have found ways to do this in Powershell (something like): ... just utilize the PS script and just run it through Adaxes on a timed fashion? Thanks!

asked Oct 7, 2014 by PunkinDonuts (360 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello! how do i manage do get adaxes to remove all groups from the user after one month? We have a Business Rule where you can add an end of Date when the Account ... value field the powershell script works but not with the +1 Month. Thanks for your help!

asked Jun 14, 2023 by eww ag (140 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users