0 votes

Hello, is there a way to remove "Password Never Expires" Check Box only from the "Reset Password" operation dialog? I see you can hide the whole Account Options section and set default values. But I would like just to remove the "Password Never Expires" check box.

Cheers

by (590 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

Currently, you can hide only the whole of the Account Options section. The possibility to hide specific Account Options will appear in the nearest major version of Adaxes.

To workaround this, you can do one of the following:

1. If you don't want users to enable this option in any case, you can create a Business Rule triggered on password reset that will uncheck the option for all users when their password is reset.
  2. Alternatively, you can also create a Business Rule that will restore the state of the option as it was before the password reset, no matter what users select on the Reset Password page. Thus, for users who had this option enabled, it will remain enabled, and for users who didn't have the option enabled, it will remain disabled.

Which of the above options suits your needs best?

I will take what's behind curtain number 2 please.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

How can I set that a password never expires for an AD account through SDK scripting? eg: [Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Softerra.Adaxes.Adsi") $admNS = New-Object " ... ", $NULL, $NULL, 0) $user.Put ? $user.SetInfo() With regards, Thnx Remco

asked Sep 3, 2014 by RTiel (780 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I need to add many check-box list items to a Custom Command, I think the best way to do this is via PowerShell rather than through the UI. What's ... Softerra.Adaxes.Interop.Adsi.Parameters.IAdmParameterCheck[]]$ItemsList # Also doesn't work $command.SetInfo()

asked Jan 4 by Viajaz (210 points)
0 votes
1 answer

The checkbox is not selected (False) by default.

asked May 30, 2022 by john.harding (70 points)
0 votes
0 answers

I am trying to find a way to create Groups based off an OU and a list of options (check boxes) within the portal For example: Select the Target OU to add groups ... 3 - Remote Administrators Option 3 - Remote Developers Option 4 - Readers Option 4 - Writers

asked Sep 11, 2020 by dknapp (100 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello! how do i manage do get adaxes to remove all groups from the user after one month? We have a Business Rule where you can add an end of Date when the Account ... value field the powershell script works but not with the +1 Month. Thanks for your help!

asked Jun 14, 2023 by eww ag (140 points)
3,326 questions
3,025 answers
7,723 comments
544,675 users