0 votes

What is the easiest way to reset the license calculation for ADAXES back to say a new installation?

We've unmanaged (manually) a number of accounts and we'd like to add these accounts back in so ADAXES can manage them.

I see no obvious button or script anywhere that would allow us to simply "start over" in terms of licensing.

Thanks in advance.

by (610 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

If the user accounts were added manually, the easiest way would be to remove them using the built in user interface. To do this:

1. Launch Adaxes Administration Console.
  2. Right-click your Adaxes service.
  3. Click Properties in the context menu.
  4. In the Licensing section, click Restrict.
  5. Right-click any user and pick Select All.
  6. Click Remove.
  7. Click Yes, then click Apply.

I completed missed the "Add..." button. What I wanted to do is re-add all available accounts to be managed by ADAXES as many were manually removed. Thank you for helping me see what was right in front of my face :)

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi all, Just wondering when Adaxes actually determines the current unmanaged/managed user counts - is it random, scheduled, or a manual thing? Also, does it randomly re-determine ... the script ran successfully every night, so I am not sure here. Cheers all.

asked Sep 22, 2020 by TheLexicon (200 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I am wondering what the expected behavior is, and what troubleshooting can be done, for this issue: We have a few tenants listed under Cloud Services > Office 365 We ... know, but they don't have access to force the license update themselves. Thanks, Jason

asked Jan 9, 2019 by Jasonmh (540 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have a few questions on licensing. Which accounts are excluded from the license count? I understand you can exclude users, by OU possibly. I'm more interested ... . What happens during license validation? What happens if you go over license count?

asked Jul 2, 2020 by ComputerHabit (790 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I gone throught Adaxes License is based and its based on user. I wanted to understand, does the license user count is on technical assistance user or AD objects?

asked Jan 23, 2020 by subbu (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are looking to implement Self-Password reset for users through Adaxes and need the following information: Is there any additional licensing costs to use the Adaxes Self- ... the earliest version of Adaxes that the client is available? Thank you in advance.

asked Jan 7, 2021 by lgibbens (320 points)
3,326 questions
3,025 answers
7,723 comments
544,675 users