0 votes

I am somewhat new to my adaxes system but have been 'ramping up quickly' ... I noticed a week or so ago that querying my logs suddenly takes a LOT longer than it used to.

Is there database maintenance or other maintenance that I should be performing that I might not be??

I'd appreciate any thoughts ...

Thanks.

- Scott W.

by (220 points)

Hello Scott,

What is the size of the local logging database file? The local database is stored in the AdaxesLog.db3 file located in the LogDB subfolder of the folder where the Adaxes service is installed, which is C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Service by default.

As of right now, the AdaxesLog.db3 file is: 153 MB (160,982,016 bytes).

Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello Scott,

As we've mentioned before, this issue is most probably related to another issue that you reported on the forum. In Slow to start responding after reboot??? we asked you to send us a backup of configuration of your Adaxes service, but never received a message from you.

Nevertheless, we investigated which part of Adaxes code could cause such a delay and found the most probable cause of both the issues that you reported. We fixed that in Update 2 to Adaxes 2014.1 (build 3.7.11004.0). To check whether the fix resolves your issue:

1. Important: Make sure that all pending Approval Requests have been processed (approved, denied or canceled). The subsequent actions will remove all pending Approval Requests.

2. Back up the configuration of your Adaxes service. For information on how to do this, see the following help article: http://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Mana ... ation.html.

3. Stop the Softerra Adaxes Service.

4. Remove file AdaxesCommandQueueBackup.ldif located in the common application data folder used by Adaxes. It is typically located at:

• on Windows Vista: C:\ProgramData\Softerra\Adaxes 3\,
    • on other versions of Windows: C:\Users\All Users\Softerra\Adaxes 3\.
  5. Start the Softerra Adaxes Service.

6. Restore the configuration of your Adaxes service. When restoring, uncheck the Restore Approval Requests option.

7. Check how fast the service starts up and retrieves log files.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We performed the upgrade to Adaxes 2013 this weekend and this morning we noticed that the log retention changed back to 30 days, thus wiping out about 6 months of logging. If I retrieve the log file, is there a way to recover the log data out of it? Thanks

asked Aug 5, 2013 by jiambor (1.2k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello! I need to store all Adaxes log files to be able to inspect old logs and find out who performed certain operations. Can I back up log files?

asked Jul 20, 2011 by jlkhj98 (150 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi all, We currently have a bunch of dial plans that we assign to new users via Adaxes. We updated Adaxes to the latest version, and moved it to a new server before ... value - perhaps this value has been removed/broken in new versions of adaxes? Cheers all.

asked Jan 22 by TheLexicon (200 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I have a piece of PS code being called by Adaxes and I'm trying to email each AD group member after they are removed from an AD group. Currently I am unable to find ... .LogMessage("User removed: " + " $member", "Information") $emailto = $member.mail ...

asked Jun 2, 2015 by firegoblin (1.6k points)
0 votes
1 answer

I am trying to get properties of users through the ADSI api. Some of our attributes in AD are not always filled, for example the employeeID (that gets added after a ... be using that returns null if the property doesn't exist (without throwing an exception)?

asked Oct 22, 2013 by mbcalvin (140 points)
3,326 questions
3,025 answers
7,724 comments
544,678 users