0 votes

Hi

Because we are in the process of integrating a new company, we need to create their new users in their old domain and then migrate across using ADMT.
Once migrated, we need to add a few attributes, move to a new OU and force a replication to a DC in a remote office.

The process runs like so:

1. Scheduled task modifies 3 user attributes (Company, Office and Extension Attribute 7)
    2. Business rule 1 catches the user modification and sets the UPN based on a custom command (I tried to put this into the scheduled task, but got an error with the SetModifiedPropertyValue command) then moves the account to a different OU
    3. Business rule 2 catches the move and a powershell script waits to make sure a specific local DC is up to date with the UPN, then forces a sync with the remote DC

The issue is that when I run the scheduled task, I would expect it to run for a few seconds at most, but 5 minutes later it is still reporting that it is running.
Would the business rules be classed as part of the scheduled task?

Thanks

Matt

by (2.0k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Would the business rules be classed as part of the scheduled task?

Yes, after the Scheduled Task updates a user, it waits for all the Business Rules to execute before updating the next user. Most probably, the delay is in majority caused by the second Business Rule.

Hi

That's fine, I just wanted to check.
Thanks for the information.

Matt

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We have a need to only allow users to groups based on employee type attribute. We have created a scheduled task today that scans AD every day at 9:00am and adds the ... like to stop the user from even be added outside of this task altogether. Any ideas?

asked Feb 19, 2019 by willy-wally (3.2k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi All, I'm trying to have a scheduled task email the helpdesk a list of machines from AD that have no description. I created a script and it runs the way I want it ... into just one email. Id like to run that in scheduled task if possible. Many thanks, Will

asked Nov 20, 2017 by will17 (350 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Stupid question time...! If we have a cluster (configuration set) of Adaxes servers, which one runs scheduled jobs, and how does this change if/when instances go down? Is it a 'closest' to the PDC promotion? ;)

asked May 29, 2013 by firegoblin (1.6k points)
0 votes
0 answers

We have an inactive user task which runs daily that disables accounts after 30 days of inactivity. We had an example yesterday of a user account which had been disabled ... Are you able to provide any explanation of how this could have happened? Regards Andy

asked Sep 12, 2017 by Andy_W (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have a script that i am trying to run against all users in an OU, but the script will only run against 1 user then not run again for any other users in the OU. Any thoughts on why this would happen?

asked Mar 1, 2018 by kevball2 (100 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,772 comments
544,970 users