0 votes

Recently had to rebuild our second Adaxes server, when trying to add a the server back into adaxes domain. The install gets stuck on Instaling AD LDS instance. Getting these errors in the event log

adamsetup 714.B78 0393 08:37:10.421 STATUS: EVENTLOG (Error): ADAM [AdaxesBackend] Replication / DS RPC Client : 1962
Internal event: The local directory service received an exception from a remote procedure call (RPC) connection. Extended error information is not available.
directory service: adadmin1.netr.ecis.police.uk:28866
Additional Data
Error value: The remote procedure call failed. (1726)

i've tested the port using portquery and the adadmin1 server is listening ok. Can't see anything in the logs from the adadmin1 side. Any ideas what you look at?

by (40 points)

Hello,

i've tested the port using portquery and the adadmin1 server is listening ok

Which port specifically did you check? Did you check accessibility from the computer where you want to install the second Adaxes service or from another computer?

Also, please check whether the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is started on adadmin1.

Hi,

I tested port 28866, i can connect via adsiedit to that server as well.

RPC is running on adadmin1

Judging by the error message, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is failing. Thus, you need to check whether the 2nd Adaxes server can communicate with the 1st one via RPC ports, which include port 135 and a range of dynamic RPC ports. For more details, see the following FAQ article: What ports does Adaxes use?.

Hi,

They all work to the dc's. only 135 and 28866 work from adaxes server to server.

The firewall in the way of the two servers allows all traffic.

I assume AD LDS isn't working correctly on adadmin1. Any other tests i could do?

They all work to the dc's. only 135 and 28866 work from adaxes server to server.

The two Adaxes servers need to be able to communicate via the dynamic RPC ports. Have you checked them?

I've check them, they are open as well

Hi

Think i've found the problem, its firewall/routing related. thank you for your help

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

+1 vote
1 answer

After installing our second Adaxes service and joining it to the configuration via shared configuration like the install guide said (https://www.adaxes.com/resources/InstNotes. ... ?" I am an administrator and login just fine to our first node.

asked Dec 10, 2019 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

During the upgrade of the second server with version 2021.1, shared installation selected, the process stops in "pending authorization" not allowing the process to complete ... to find Adaxes services that are waiting for authorization." Any suggest? Thanks

asked Mar 18, 2021 by Simone.Vailati (430 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, How do I Install the web Interface Configuration console on workstations to manage the service on the Adaxes server? I'd like to configure the portal without the need to ... to install IIS on the client. I think I'm missing something here. Regards Thomas

asked May 15, 2013 by cunningham57906 (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

When creating a user I would like to set it up so that once the answer to the first field is given, then a second field appears with a defined list of possible answers, ... appear and only have the options for "Orlando, Miami, New York" etc Is this possible?

asked Dec 20, 2017 by ScottGriff (400 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have people stating they never received the approval notifications. I know how to add multiple approvers to a Send for Approval command, but that sends a email to a second " ... do I send a duplicate email or CC another user on ALL outbound emails? Thanks!

asked Oct 24, 2012 by mpaul (360 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users