0 votes

Hello

Could anyone tell me before we begin our testing if it is possible to reset your password from the Self Service Client from a remote location using MS Direct Access to connect to the corporate network? If this works is there any other configuration on the Adaxes or Direct Access side that we'll need to think about?

Thank you.

by (700 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

As far as we understand from documents available from Microsoft, connecting to a network using DirectAccess can include joining the computer to your AD domain. If you configure DirectAccess so that it joins computers to your AD domain, there should be no issues in using Adaxes Self-Service Client on computers connected via DirectAccess.

Also, as far as we understand the concept of DirectAccess Offline Domain Join, this won't work because it doesn't actually establish a connection with your AD domain.

Also, since computers connected via DirectAccess will most probably be firewalled from your on-premises network, make sure that the computers can access:

• your domain controllers - to query Active Directory for available Adaxes services via the LDAP protocol,
  • the computer where Adaxes service will be installed - to be able to retrieve information on the Self-Service Password Reset settings via port 54782,
  • the computer where Adaxes Web interface is installed - to be able to use the Web interface for self-service during the self-password reset process. For this purpose, port 80 (HTTP) will be used by default. If SSL is enabled for the Web interface, port 443 (HTTPS) will be used instead.

Thanks for the information. I tested through Direct Access yesterday and if works perfectly.

Hello,

Thanks for the update!

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

Good Afternoon, I'm looking for some clarification on what security settings I would need to apply to the Self-Service Users to allow them to update both their own ... accounts they have full access to. Please let me know if this requires more clarification.

asked Jul 22, 2021 by jtop (680 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Can Self service client tool work on macbooks with local account setup. Our macbooks are managed by Kandji MDM, which have local accounts setup on each machine and not ... will sync local accounts with their AD password on macbooks setup with local accounts.

asked Mar 29, 2023 by Vish539 (310 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are looking at Adaxes as a way to update user's passwords offline and updating the computer's cached password. Currently, a majority of our computers are off the network ... via the Internet. Is this a viable option? What issues are we not considering?

asked Sep 18, 2020 by bmajors (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have the 2017 version of ADAXES, and recently decided to deploy the Self-Servece but even the agent is installed on computers and we did all configuration (gpo, and ... denied" on lock scree process but the users can perform their change password from IE!

asked Mar 12, 2020 by Gabriel Abarca (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

How often does the Adaxes Self-Service Client get updated and when it does, how do we update the workstations that it is already deployed on?

asked Dec 27, 2018 by StuartC (90 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,681 users