0 votes

Hello,
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a post.
When deploying the password reset tool to Windows 10 machines it shows 4 different logon tiles in the left corner (see image) I can remove two of them by disabling user switching, but that still leaves two sign-ons for one account, one the normal windows sign on button and the "Key" logon that the self service tool adds.

Is there anyway to remove this? Or only show the two options of "last user" and "different user" sign on?

Thanks
Gary

by (490 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

This is expected behavior. The thing is that Adaxes Self-Service Client does not replace the default Windows Logon Screen. It adds its own tile (logon provider) to the screen. However, since Windows does not allow removing tiles added by other logon providers, the default Windows logon tile also remains Thus, you have 2 tiles, 1 added by Adaxes, and the WIndows default logon tile. However, once you use a tile with the Reset Password link, it should be selected by default.
Also, starting from the next version of Adaxes that will be available soon, we'll change Adaxes Self-Service Client behavior in Windows 10 so that it is more intuitive.

HI, thanks for the reply it's what I figured but you never know until you ask.

When will the next version be out?

Hello,

The next version of Adaxes should be available by the end of May.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We have two on-prem domains; Domain A and Domain B. Domain A is our primary domain and syncs with Azure AD. Domain B contains accounts created for external ... user attempts to authenticate, they are only authenticating against the Domain B on-prem domain?

asked Apr 10 by awooten (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

would like to know the method to provide a button to security Q&A reset for enrolled users to Adaxes Admins via Web UI

asked Mar 21, 2023 by Vish539 (310 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi there, we are already successfully using the password self service via webinterface for our ad domain users. In addition to this are we in the testing phase of the password ... has the same problem and maybe can report how they solved it. Thanks in advance.

asked Oct 27, 2021 by khess (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

When enrolling a user for self-service with Adaxes, does this qualify them to reset their passwords via Microsoft Online as well? A lot of our SaaS products use Microsoft ... policies? I.e. Security Questions setup with Microsoft Account, MFA etc. Thanks, Dean

asked Jul 14, 2020 by dcallaghan (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are trialing Adaxes and are wondering the following two things are possible. Is it's possible to have the order of Authentication methods adjusted ? Is it possible to import an ... 't look to exist, but would it be viable to add them as feature requests ?

asked Jul 6, 2020 by dgrandja (70 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,772 comments
544,971 users