0 votes

I've set up two servers and got everything working with 2014.1, but have since made changes on one server (setting up Office 365) but if I check the second server, it does not show those changes and there are no error logs that I can find in the Event Viewers that state errors for replication at least. I am getting a couple of errors relating to Softerra.Adaxes.BackgroundThreadException: An error occurred while executing '#Se.#Ih'. ---> Softerra.Adaxes.Adsi.DirectoryComException (0x8007202C): The parameter is incorrect.

Is the config share that is set up when you do a second server only during the initial setup or is it supposed to continue to replicate as time goes by? Is there a way to force the replication? I'd rather not re-install again.

by (440 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

If Adaxes services are sharing common configuration, they are replicating all the time, and an Office 365 Tenant should have replicated. However, the only thing that's not replicated among Adaxes services are credentials, and in particular, administrative credentials of Office 365 tenants.

So, what did you mean exactly by "setting up Office 365"? What did you change?

Ah - if the credentials are not replicated, that is what is missing - I wasn't aware of that not being replicated.

I just saw that you released the latest update to 2014.1 - I'll upgrade it with that update and then add the credentials of the Office 365 tenant.

A good plan :) Here are some links to help you:

Upgrade Instructions

What's New in the latest update

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello! Is it possible to have 2 instances of Adaxes on separate servers without sharing configuration under 1 license, if total amount of users is below the license limitation? Thank you, Dmytro

asked May 25, 2023 by Dmytro.Rudyi (920 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, The upgrade process is, given my knowlegde, still requiring to uninstall and reinstall the product, importing back then the configuration. I had troubles with that process ... to have a patching process a little bit more easier to apply. Thanks Stephen

asked Feb 18, 2012 by sroux (800 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have a multiple seperate forests / domains in sepertae environments. Is it possibelt to deply an Adxes service into each domain and only have it have access ... and Adaxes service; there is no information for Adaxes service to Adaxes service communication?

asked Apr 6, 2023 by sam.webster (370 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We upgraded to the latest version of Adaxes today but can no longer access the /AdaxesConfig web portal. Getting the error below - What do we need to do to restore access?

asked Mar 24, 2022 by sirslimjim (480 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I added the Password last set field to the Admin view but when I click on edit it allows the admin user to change the value. Adaxes correclty handel Bad Password time and Bad password ... last set, so I guest there is a way but I can not find it. Thanks you

asked Dec 19, 2019 by tomlaf (60 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users