0 votes

Hello Supportteam,

I'v got big issues with the service of Adaxes.
I don't know why, the service ist not running correctly.
After restarting the sevrer same issue.
Servicepanel is showing that the service is up.
I wanted to restart the service, but instead of the restart it is showing me error 1053 (not responding or slow performance).
Active directory webservice can't be loaded is an error in the eventviewer.
The connection to the the service is not active via web or console.

Error is:
Das Laden der Benutzerkonfiguration von Server "\\server" für Benutzer "service-admgt" durch die Remotedesktopdienste hat zu lange gedauert.
Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Admin EventID: 20499

And that the starting time of the Service was exceeded (3000ms)

by (450 points)

Hello Massimo,

For troubleshooting purposes, do the following:

• Check the size of the Adaxes service log file (AdaxesLog.db3). By default, the file is located in the C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Service\LogDB subfolder of the folder on the computer where Adaxes service is installed.

• Check the number of Approval requests that were not processed (not accepted, denied or canceled). For information on how to do so, have a look at the following help article: http://www.adaxes.com/help/?ManageAppro ... uests.html.

• Check the length of Adaxes Command Queue. To do this:

1. Get the backend port number of your Adaxes service. To do this:
      • In Adaxes Administration Console, right-click the service node of your Adaxes service.
      • Click Properties in the context menu. This will bring up a dialog containing the service properties.
      • The backend port will be displayed below the Check for updates button.
    2. Log on to the computer where Adaxes is installed.
    3. Stop Softerra Adaxes Service.
    4. Launch the LDP tool. To do this:
      • Press Win+R;
      • Type ldp.exe;
      • Press Enter.
    5. In the LDP tool window, click Connection and then click Connect.
    6. In the Server field specify the fully qualified domain name of Adaxes server.
    7. In the Port field, specify the service port you noted on step 1 and click OK.
    8. Click Connection and select Bind.
    9. For username, password and domain specify the credentials of Adaxes service default service administrator (the account used to run Adaxes Service).
    10. Make sure that the Bind with credentials and Encrypt traffic after bind options are enabled and click OK.
    11. In the View menu, select Tree.
    12. In the BaseDN drop-down list, select CN=Local Partition,CN={GUID}.
    13. Click OK.
    14. Navigate to CN=Local Partition,CN={GUID} \ CN=Adaxes ... \ CN=Pipeline Processor ... .
    15. Right-click CN=Command Queue ... and click Search.
    16. In the Filter field of the Search dialog, enter (objectClass=*).
    17. Select One level and click Run.
    18. In the Result Pane (located to the right), check how many entries were fetched.

Hello,

thank you for your quick answer.
The LogFile is about 1,5 GB.
We are not working with approvals in our company.
I can't sopt the Service, because of timeout.

Regards

Massimo

1 Answer

0 votes
by (270k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Massimo,

It looks like the issue occurs because the AdaxesLog.db3 file is too large. Try to rename the existing file to AdaxesLog.bak and restart Softerrra Adaxes Service.

Renamed the old Log file, and it is working fine again now.
Is it possible to config a max size for it?

Hello Massimo,

You can limit the number of days the log records are kept in the built-in database (SQLite). For information on how to do so, have a look at the following help article: http://www.adaxes.com/help/?Logging.Edi ... tings.html.

Alternatively, you can store log records in an external MS SQL database. For information on how to enable logging to an external MS SQL Database, have a look at the following help article: http://www.adaxes.com/help/Logging.EnableMSSQL.html.

I have done this few months ago.
It is not working correctly, or how is the big size to explain?

Hello Massimo,

The setting limits only the number of days the log records are kept in the built-in database, not the size of the AdaxesLog.db3 file. Probably, the file gets too large because you have a lot of log records per day.

Hello,

indeed we have a lot of services and Tasks running through Adaxes.
The Log DB today is about 5 MB. So May I have to check the size earlier.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I change the service account that runs the Adaxes service and now it will not start. The error I get is: The directory service is unavailable. Firewall software may cause this issue

asked Nov 15, 2017 by bbuck (140 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Trying to run a business rule to update the user account and email address after the user got married. If the operation succeeded AND the user has an Exchange ... Modify mailbox settings for the user: modify E-Mail Addresses (add 'SMTP:%userPrincipalName%')

asked Jan 26, 2021 by Derek.Axe (480 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I'm trying to add an custom command under Actions. While I'm able to add them under UI editor, it is not visible when a user logs into self-service portal. However, other default actions are visible when I toggle them in UI editor.

asked Feb 5 by Renugopal (120 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Whether I try to run a script or manually run the commands to enroll users, users remain unenrolled. Example of a basic script: Import-Module ... ` -QuestionsAndAnswers @{$question1=$answer1;$question2=$answer2} -AdaxesService localhost Adaxes version 2021

asked Mar 27, 2023 by gwadmin (80 points)
0 votes
1 answer

When I build a report for "everyone" (and specifically for use by self service users) and define a scope that is specific to an OU, it runs fine in the web interface ... essentially "full control" access to everything), so I'm not sure where to start. Thanks!

asked Dec 17, 2020 by Bill85137 (50 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users