0 votes

Forgive me if this ahs already been asked.

We have just started using Adaxes and usually we set domain admins group and the overall administrator to have full access to everyone's Home directory share.

I used the built-in "create home directory" and "share home directory" business roles which sets NTFS permissions if required. It also sets share permissions to the user and oddly you can specify permissions for "everyone" however I just want to add in domain admins to the share permissions.

I tried using a powershell cmdlet set-smbshare but this does not work in the version of powershell that adaxes uses.

Any clues on how to further refine share permissions?

Many thanks,

Will

by (350 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Will,

Have a look at the following script in our Script Repository: http://www.adaxes.com/script-repository ... er-s15.htm.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I'm looking to audit file Share permissions, in order to find out what groups and individuals have access to what files and folders, whether those permissions are inherited or assigned, etc. Wondering if Adaxes can do this. Thanks in advance,

asked Mar 15, 2022 by sysdadmin (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, in our Create User action we have setup a custom binary attribute to upload the staff picture. Is there a way to save the uploaded image to a network share and rename ... out how to save the uploaded image to the share with proper file name. Thank you.

asked Apr 29, 2021 by TJ_Umredkar (140 points)
0 votes
0 answers

We are trying to create a custom command to create a new network share folder and offline PST file for new users. Do you have any documentation to start our process with>

asked Jan 10, 2017 by willy-wally (3.2k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello Adaxes Support, I'm using this Skript for creating a Userfolder on a Server including ACLs. It works fine. $strPath="\\%adm-CustomAttributeText16%\d$\Benutzer\%username%" $Username ... this Folder but I'm not able. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance

asked Jul 31, 2013 by Napoleon (700 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, We have a multi-domain forest with a root domain and three child domains. Adaxes is currently installed in one of these child domain and i would like to deploy a new Adaxes ... luck. I don't know where to check so if you have a clue. Thanks in advance

asked Dec 11, 2011 by sroux (800 points)
3,348 questions
3,049 answers
7,789 comments
545,046 users